Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Anyone here got a Bosch Rotak 40 mower?

On 02-Aug-16 10:43 PM, T i m wrote:

Sweet, thanks. The 90 Yr old and dying of cancer lady was told by a
lawnmower repair man that it probably wasn't worth doing. ;-(

It might not be worth doing commercially, actually. If he has to locate
and order a specific part, then puzzle out the non-obvious
reconstruction, that could take a couple of hours. He needs to earn a
living, and he has premises to pay for. It could easily be a 50 quid
repair on an old mower.

Plus VAT, if you want a receipt.

It's nice of you to take the time and trouble, but I'm not sure the
repair man was wrong.

While I am there, are there any filters in the motor air cooling path
as I found those were completely blocked on a Flymo I stripped and
cleaned the other day?

Please let us know. I have a Bosch, and it seems to overheat more now
than when new.

Cheers, T i m