Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY computer psu chair

How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up? (Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 06:25:58 -0700 (PDT), Weatherlawyer
wrote:

How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up? (Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

Given that an average human can output a steady power of between 50
and 150W and I=P/V you should be able to work out what you need?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 14:26:00 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up? (Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

What on earth are you talking about?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 14:25, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up?

2.72343A According to my calculations...

(Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

A blue one.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 18:13, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/07/2016 14:25, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up?

2.72343A According to my calculations...

(Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

A blue one.

Surely at 3Ax2A, it should be green?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 16:23:13 +0100, "Phil L"
wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Sunday, 10 July 2016 15:46:23 UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, 10 July 2016 14:26:00 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up?
(Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

What on earth are you talking about?

He's gone insane.

His ramblings are getting worse, just take a look at his post about
making chips, and all the new words he's invented - potatage,
brexitit, faraggio and nexit.

Just the subject title of this post is enough to have him sectioned.

A PV U/daunted.

Yes, yes wibble wibble purple monkey dishwasher etc

Ok, so once again this 'warm and fuzzy' will have a go at translating
(some of it) for you all.

I think that he was asking about a 'computer PSU chair', so something
like an exercise bike / potters wheel / pole / bodgers lathe that he
could rig to a generator (of some sort but not the sort you were
thinking of) to power a PC.

So, my first answer told him that he would probably need to stay
within 150W (unless he was an athlete) and so would be looking at a
generator (/alternator) of at least 150W and if at 12V, that would
give him about 12A.

I believe you can get 12V input Pico PSU's and so it is all very
doable.

He might be better off with a laptop as at least the battery can cover
beer brakes. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 18:48, soup wrote:
On 10/07/2016 18:13, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/07/2016 14:25, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up?

2.72343A According to my calculations...

(Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

A blue one.

Surely at 3Ax2A, it should be green?

Only if you have one with the reverse osmosis module.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 01:25:22 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/07/2016 18:48, soup wrote:
On 10/07/2016 18:13, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/07/2016 14:25, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How many amps could I hope to get out of a pole lathe set up?

2.72343A According to my calculations...

(Thus, what sort of genny do I want from a scrap yard?)

A blue one.

Surely at 3Ax2A, it should be green?

Only if you have one with the reverse osmosis module.

I do!
Self pumping this very moment:
https://www.skywarnforum.com/threads/where-next.15807/