Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default B is for Book

Unfortunately, for so many programs they tend to look for a wow factor and
not ordinaryness. it has always irked me that when they, for example feature
blind people its always one who has climbed a mountain or something else
unusual, when in fact for awareness of the general public it would be much
better if they just followed ordinary blind people and showed how annoying
members of the general public can be. it could m be made in good humour but
still put over the message. Instead we get the brave blind person or
whatever, and never the normal who has to put up with cyclists and road
works and dodgy drivers and shops whose assistants are brain dead.
Not to mention the humiliation metered out by benefits departments and the
inaccessible print everybody send them.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
I was looking forward to this programme, which the BBC describes as "a
documentary following a group of children over the course of a year as they
learn to read."

Since the subject was the teaching of reading in the UK it seemed likely
that the programme would be set in a primary school. I imagined that the
BBC would naturally chose a school with a catchment area typical of the
UK: a mix of social classes; some rural and some urban intake; ethnicity
about 90% white British. There are lots of schools like that: they aren't
hard to find.

But no! This is the BBC. So the school had 90% coloured kids, 47
languages, and the first teacher we saw was wearing a hijab.She was, of
course, an excellent, inspirational teacher. She would be, wouldn't she?

Much was made of the multi-cultural aspect, with the kids talking to the
camera in their native language. This had nothing whatsoever to do with
the ostensible subject of the programme.

I switched off. I will not be a party to the BBC's campaign of cultural
coercion, so I will not consume their propaganda.

Bill

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 10:40:31 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Not to mention the humiliation metered out by benefits departments and the
inaccessible print everybody send them.

I liked your inadvertent typo there Brian. 'humiliation metered out'
suggests that every customer is required to receive a fixed amount of
insults, thus ensuring that no-one goes away happy.
A just description of a typical government department.

You have my sincere sympathy.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Believe it or not - sighted people have to put up with exactly with the same
things as you do.

A brain dead shop assistant is a brain dead shop assistant - they are not
picking on you because you are blind.

Wank drivers are wank drivers - they are not picking on you because you are
blind

Cyclists are in most cases big ******s - but it must ****ing hard work for
them trying to steer a bicycle whilst carrying such a big chip on their
shoulder.

So what does the general public do that annoys you so much?

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Unfortunately, for so many programs they tend to look for a wow factor and
not ordinaryness. it has always irked me that when they, for example
feature blind people its always one who has climbed a mountain or
something else unusual, when in fact for awareness of the general public
it would be much better if they just followed ordinary blind people and
showed how annoying members of the general public can be. it could m be
made in good humour but still put over the message. Instead we get the
brave blind person or whatever, and never the normal who has to put up
with cyclists and road works and dodgy drivers and shops whose assistants
are brain dead.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Believe it or not - sighted people have to put up with exactly with
the same things as you do.

A brain dead shop assistant is a brain dead shop assistant - they are
not picking on you because you are blind.

Wank drivers are wank drivers - they are not picking on you because
you are blind

Cyclists are in most cases big ******s - but it must ****ing hard
work for them trying to steer a bicycle whilst carrying such a big
chip on their shoulder.

So what does the general public do that annoys you so much?

I agree with you that cyclists are ******s. All of them. They are pure scum.
Brian is a very highly respected poster, I've read him since the blueyonder
support days. This will be before your time.
Don't take a crack at him.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Unfortunately, for so many programs they tend to look for a wow
factor and not ordinaryness. it has always irked me that when they,
for example feature blind people its always one who has climbed a
mountain or something else unusual, when in fact for awareness of
the general public it would be much better if they just followed
ordinary blind people and showed how annoying members of the general
public can be. it could m be made in good humour but still put over
the message. Instead we get the brave blind person or whatever, and
never the normal who has to put up with cyclists and road works and
dodgy drivers and shops whose assistants are brain dead.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:14:48 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

ARW wrote:
Believe it or not - sighted people have to put up with exactly with
the same things as you do.

A brain dead shop assistant is a brain dead shop assistant - they are
not picking on you because you are blind.

Wank drivers are wank drivers - they are not picking on you because
you are blind

Cyclists are in most cases big ******s - but it must ****ing hard
work for them trying to steer a bicycle whilst carrying such a big
chip on their shoulder.

So what does the general public do that annoys you so much?

I agree with you that cyclists are ******s. All of them. They are pure scum.
Brian is a very highly respected poster, I've read him since the blueyonder
support days. This will be before your time.
Don't take a crack at him.

Have you forgotten Adam is on your silly little poke fun at list?

And don't middle post. You have been warned.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Unfortunately, for so many programs they tend to look for a wow
factor and not ordinaryness. it has always irked me that when they,
for example feature blind people its always one who has climbed a
mountain or something else unusual, when in fact for awareness of
the general public it would be much better if they just followed
ordinary blind people and showed how annoying members of the general
public can be. it could m be made in good humour but still put over
the message. Instead we get the brave blind person or whatever, and
never the normal who has to put up with cyclists and road works and
dodgy drivers and shops whose assistants are brain dead.

--
*Squawk!* Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine! [Parroty error]

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
ARW wrote:
Believe it or not - sighted people have to put up with exactly with
the same things as you do.

A brain dead shop assistant is a brain dead shop assistant - they are
not picking on you because you are blind.

Wank drivers are wank drivers - they are not picking on you because
you are blind

Cyclists are in most cases big ******s - but it must ****ing hard
work for them trying to steer a bicycle whilst carrying such a big
chip on their shoulder.

So what does the general public do that annoys you so much?

I agree with you that cyclists are ******s. All of them. They are pure
scum.
Brian is a very highly respected poster, I've read him since the
blueyonder support days. This will be before your time.

Don't take a crack at him.

Why not? He spends most of his time telling us that he is blind.

Are you still a fat ****?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
[...]

Only when people bottom post and make him listen to everything quoted first :-)

Are you still a fat ****?

That's why he had to get rid of the Micra.

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

news

ARW wrote:
[...]

Needed something with a bigger boot?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
[...]

His dog's only about a foot long.

--
A guy says, "I remember the first time I used alcohol as a substitute for women."
"Yeah what happened?" asked the other.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
[...]

But his wife's corpse wouldn't fit in the Micra boot.

OT - FS, Book J T Woodworking 6 April 3rd 08 12:44 AM
diy book benpost UK diy 14 January 8th 08 02:57 AM
I Wish This Book Had Been Available... jon_banquer Metalworking 24 July 21st 05 04:59 PM
WJ Book Rob Johnstone Woodworking 84 May 28th 05 12:51 PM
Anybody get the book? Maverick Woodworking 29 February 13th 05 10:46 PM