Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The real trouble is starting...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing up
to do business with the UK.

--
TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing
up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn some
money before spending it.

--
*If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing
up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn some
money before spending it.

I agree with that but we're a dying breed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 14:39:31 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing
up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn some
money before spending it.

which is a strange idea if you're going from one country to another as an economic migrant because you are most likely leaving your country because you can't earn enough to live the way you want.
I didn;t think the UK was a cheap country certainly london isn't and most of the big cities aren't but there are bargins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-street.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing
up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn some
money before spending it.

I agree with that but we're a dying breed.

It's not the EU way you should be in debt so someoen can make a profit from you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nope, that is nothing even remotely like real trouble.

dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
The Other John wrote
dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries
are queuing up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Now that there will be no duty/tariff applicable with Britain out of the EU.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think
you have to earn some money before spending it.

Even you should have noticed that the absolute vast bulk
of Britain's GDP comes from what Britain does internally
and that **** all is from exports and that with the pound
sagging a bit, even exports will do better too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
The Other John wrote
dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! )
countries are queuing up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think
you have to earn some money before spending it.

which is a strange idea if you're going from one country
to another as an economic migrant because you are most
likely leaving your country because you can't earn enough
to live the way you want.

Or because you decide the country you are moving
to is better, or just to see more of the world.

I didn;t think the UK was a cheap country certainly london
isn't and most of the big cities aren't but there are bargins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-street.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other John wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:27:22 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! ) countries are queuing
up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn
some
money before spending it.

I agree with that but we're a dying breed.

It's not the EU way you should be in debt so someoen can make a profit
from you.

Precisely, I've NEVER spent money I don't have, my son does, sadly.
Over 25 years i've saved what I could. Consequently, unless the BFO ****
hits the BFO fan I should be ok.
God knows what the workers with snotty nosed kids do. Still, as long as they
can glug 10 pints a night, I doubt they care.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 12:27:22 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Don't know how you can sleep at night Den.
You must lie in bed fretting away.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers
that they are stupid gits and the referendum result will be
ignored.

Somehow the current situation is very reminiscent of the episode
of "Peep Show", (for anyone who's watched it) where Mark (David Mitchell)
admits to Jeremy (Robert Webb) that he's going to go ahead and marry
Sophie (Olivia Coleman), "out of embarrassment".
Basically Mark had intended to propose on a weekend away with Sophie
and had packed a ring. He then changed his mind and realised marrying
Sophie would be a terrible idea. However Sophie then found the ring
and without a word from Mark, said "Yes!".

In this case UK politicians are going to wreck the UK economy
because they're all simply "too embarrassed" to admit in public
what many people have suspected all along. That most of the voting
public are a bunch of easily led thickos.

And that it never occurred to any of these morons who are now insisting
on their "democratic rights", that the UK system of Representative
Democracy, like many others, was expressly designed to obscure the fact
that large numbers of voters, them, are actually pretty stupid.

Although obviously any public figure unwise enough to make such
an outrageous suggestion could expect 24 hour surveillance and
a really good monstering from at least three national newspapers.
Along with scrutiny of a personal and family history they may
never have realised they actually had; going back decades if
not centuries

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/16 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You think the leavers would sit by and say 'yes we were', and do
absolutely nothing?

You identify yourself as an antidemocratic Good little Party Apparatchik
You are the people we voted to leave.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default voice changing..do I have a 'condition'?

If 'horrific' means horrible, why doesn't terrific mean terrible?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 23:38:37 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
The Other John wrote
dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! )
countries are queuing up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think
you have to earn some money before spending it.

which is a strange idea if you're going from one country
to another as an economic migrant because you are most
likely leaving your country because you can't earn enough
to live the way you want.

Or because you decide the country you are moving
to is better,

how to you decide that ?

or just to see more of the world.

Most use holidays for that sort of adventure or education.

I didn;t think the UK was a cheap country certainly london
isn't and most of the big cities aren't but there are bargins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-street.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 08:46:42 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers
that they are stupid gits and the referendum result will be
ignored.

In this case UK politicians are going to wreck the UK economy
because they're all simply "too embarrassed" to admit in public
what many people have suspected all along. That most of the voting
public are a bunch of easily led thickos.

But not usually led by politions but the media. Which is how murdoch has planned it.

And that it never occurred to any of these morons who are now insisting
on their "democratic rights", that the UK system of Representative
Democracy, like many others, was expressly designed to obscure the fact
that large numbers of voters, them, are actually pretty stupid.

Well in theory we elect clever peole rather than criminals so they can tell us the truth and allow us to make a judgement. But the polititions are more interested in their careers and personalities and the media encourages this but why ?

Although obviously any public figure unwise enough to make such
an outrageous suggestion could expect 24 hour surveillance and
a really good monstering from at least three national newspapers.
Along with scrutiny of a personal and family history they may
never have realised they actually had; going back decades if
not centuries

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist
by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding
people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for their
stuff.

Needless to say the tarmac was done in an unprofessional manner, twice!
The first time they just put it on the ground that was there and then
had the nerve to ask if they could borrow my whacker plate.

The second time they dug out some ground, threw some edging along the
edges (no concrete that I saw) and threw in some tarmac.

Its not proper tarmac either as they were told to no drive on it for a
few days which is totally unnecessary for proper tarmac.

I wonder what the guarantee period is?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
lid writes
On 06/07/2016 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that
they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist
by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding
people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for their
stuff.

No one has said they want immigration to stop. Typical Remain liar.

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 12:49:08 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 06/07/2016 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist
by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding
people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

Makes you wonder why they employed them doesn't it.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for their
stuff.

You;d have to ask them.

Needless to say the tarmac was done in an unprofessional manner, twice!
The first time they just put it on the ground that was there and then
had the nerve to ask if they could borrow my whacker plate.

Makes me wonder how such a company can exist and why people kep employing such people maybe it;s not racist to employ foreign workers while our own are told to worked longer hgours for less pay because there are plenty of foreigners willing to work for less.

The second time they dug out some ground, threw some edging along the
edges (no concrete that I saw) and threw in some tarmac.

Its not proper tarmac either as they were told to no drive on it for a
few days which is totally unnecessary for proper tarmac.

I wonder what the guarantee period is?

a few days perhaps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"michael adams" wrote in message
o.uk...
In this case UK politicians are going to wreck the UK economy
because they're all simply "too embarrassed" to admit in public
what many people have suspected all along. That most of the voting
public are a bunch of easily led thickos.

And that it never occurred to any of these morons who are now insisting
on their "democratic rights", that the UK system of Representative
Democracy, like many others, was expressly designed to obscure the fact
that large numbers of voters, them, are actually pretty stupid.

In restrospect both of thse paragraphs are rather unfair.

The truth is that the majority of voters aren't interested
in politics at all. As far as they're concerned anyway they've
got more rewarding things to do with their time.

And conversely if too many people took an active interest
in politics, public affairs would devleop into even more
of a talking shop than is already the case, with every aspect
of every issue being debated ad-nauseam; and with no decisions
ever being taken.

However this day to day lack of engagement with politics and
political issues does leave ordinary voters open to manipulation
and propaganda of all kinds and from all directions.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Well pay peanuts and get monkeys.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
michael adams wrote
Bob Martin wrote
dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers
that they are stupid gits and the referendum result will be ignored.

In this case UK politicians are going to wreck the UK economy

If the complete implosion of much of the world financial
system in 2008 didnt do that, leaving the EU isnt going to.

because they're all simply "too embarrassed" to admit in
public what many people have suspected all along. That
most of the voting public are a bunch of easily led thickos.

But not usually led by politions but the media.

Bull****. It wasnt the media that was keen on leaving the
EU, it was some of the politicians like Farage and Boris.

Which is how murdoch has planned it.

He has **** all influence on what the voters care about, and
most of them dont even bother with is **** rags anymore.

And that it never occurred to any of these morons who are now insisting
on their "democratic rights", that the UK system of Representative
Democracy, like many others, was expressly designed to obscure
the fact that large numbers of voters, them, are actually pretty stupid.

Not obscure so much as work fine with quite a few of the voters like that.

Well in theory we elect clever peole rather than criminals so
they can tell us the truth and allow us to make a judgement.

Even sillier than you usually manage. That has never been what politics is
about.

But the polititions are more interested in their careers and personalities

They always have been. Even Churchill was like that.

and the media encourages this but why ?

Because that is how politics works and it always has been.

Although obviously any public figure unwise enough
to make such an outrageous suggestion could expect
24 hour surveillance and a really good monstering from
at least three national newspapers. Along with scrutiny of
a personal and family history they may never have realised
they actually had; going back decades if not centuries

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
The Other John wrote
dennis@home wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC!

According to the Mail (so it must be true! )
countries are queuing up to do business with the UK.

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think
you have to earn some money before spending it.

which is a strange idea if you're going from one country
to another as an economic migrant because you are most
likely leaving your country because you can't earn enough
to live the way you want.

Or because you decide the country you are moving to is better,

how to you decide that ?

By seeing how the stuff you care about is done there.

or just to see more of the world.

Most use holidays for that sort of adventure or education.

Hasnt been like that for a long time now, particularly
with kids. Many of them move to other countrys for years
instead and get a much better idea of what they are like
to live in than you can ever get with just a holiday there.

Plenty in here have done it like that too.

I didn;t think the UK was a cheap country certainly london
isn't and most of the big cities aren't but there are bargins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-street.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/07/2016 16:14, bert wrote:
In article . com,
lid writes
On 06/07/2016 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that
they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist
by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding
people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for
their stuff.

No one has said they want immigration to stop. Typical Remain liar.

I can assure you they did or do you know them too?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Politics has always been like that.

The general public in a place like Britain only starts
rioting when they are compressively ****ed off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1504388 20160706 102218 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/07/16 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You think the leavers would sit by and say 'yes we were', and do
absolutely nothing?

You identify yourself as an antidemocratic Good little Party Apparatchik
You are the people we voted to leave.

Really? You yourself agreed with me that half the voters are below average
intelligence, so why put such an important decision in their hands.
We elect people to do what's best for the country. If they then ask us
what we should do they are not fit for the task.
True democracy is the same as anarchy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
lid writes
On 06/07/2016 16:14, bert wrote:
In article . com,
lid writes
On 06/07/2016 07:47, Bob Martin wrote:
in 1504135 20160705 122722 dennis@home wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36712040

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that
they are stupid gits
and the referendum result will be ignored.

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist
by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding
people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for
their stuff.

No one has said they want immigration to stop. Typical Remain liar.

I can assure you they did or do you know them too?

Names, dates, times.

--
bert