Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Article 50

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Fredxxx
writes
On 26/06/2016 09:33, Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 09:27:26 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

The real problem started in 2005 when various countries
joined the EU, with promises of more to come.

The real problem came when the UK was one of only a couple of EU members
to give full free movement rights to the eight 2004 accession countries
immediately.

Agreed.

Afterwards, the UK said that they'd give the full seven year delay -
which is why Bulgarians and Romanians only got free movement here in
2015, and Croatia won't for a few more years (if we're still EU/EEA
members). Except most other countries then DID give the rights
immediately, which is why the predicted deluge never happened.

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then should
they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

I've never understood why Greece was allowed in as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
[...]

Well I got as far as Austria
"The national minimum wage legislation has lapsed, although is still in
force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry
I've never understood why Greece was allowed in as well.

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

Just outside the EU, but in the EEA - so still bound by the EU laws that
everything's blamed on - Iceland and Norway don't have one, either. Oh,
nor does Switzerland.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Adrian
writes
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

Just outside the EU, but in the EEA - so still bound by the EU laws that
everything's blamed on - Iceland and Norway don't have one, either. Oh,
nor does Switzerland.

You missed Denmark
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
[...]

Pity about the rest that you flagrantly dishonestly omitted from the
quoting.

National collective bargaining agreements set minimum wages by job
classification for each industry and provide for a minimum wage of
?1,200 per month. Wages where no such collective agreements exist,
such as for domestic workers, janitorial staff and au pairs, are
regulated
by relevant legislation and are generally lower than those covered by
collective bargaining.

Looks like you've done a Harry

Then you need new glasses, BAD.

I've never understood why Greece was allowed in as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden,

Doesnt qualify as MANY, just two in fact.

together with some types of contract in Poland.

So some do have a minimum wage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
writes
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

You missed Denmark

Still just 3, nothing even remotely like MANY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default **** off Wodney.

"Jacky Chance" wrote in message
**** snipped

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 22:51, bert wrote:
In article , Adrian
writes
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

Just outside the EU, but in the EEA - so still bound by the EU laws that
everything's blamed on - Iceland and Norway don't have one, either. Oh,
nor does Switzerland.

You missed Denmark

Well be thankful for small mercies.

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
writes
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

You missed Denmark

Still just 3, nothing even remotely like MANY.

Well I didn't bother to go past "D"
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
writes
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 21:15:07 +0100, bert wrote:

Perhaps 7 years isn't enough. When the minimum wage in the joining
EU
country is say within 20% of another, perhaps then, and only then
should they be allowed to work in that country.

There is no EU minimum wage and many EU members don't have one.

Have fun listing those that don't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ges_by_country

Well I got as far as Austria "The national minimum wage legislation
has
lapsed, although is still in force by convention""
Looks like you've done a Harry

If you'd got a bit further, you could have had Italy or Sweden, together
with some types of contract in Poland.

You missed Denmark

Still just 3, nothing even remotely like MANY.

Well I didn't bother to go past "D"

Still just 3 in the entire list, nothing even remotely like MANY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
writes
[...]

Almost 10%. But the point is there is no legally enforceable EU minimum
wage so why did the Remainers lie about a threat to workers rights if
Brexit won?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Jacky Chance
writes

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
writes
[...]

Because the working hours directive was imposed on Britain.

There is a lot more to workers rights than just the minimum wage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 16:34:36 +1000, Jacky Chance wrote:

Because the working hours directive was imposed on Britain.

Just about, only after HMG was taken to court and pretty sure some
sectors still have opt outs.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:19:51 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Because the working hours directive was imposed on Britain.

Just about, only after HMG was taken to court and pretty sure some
sectors still have opt outs.

Almost everybody has an opt-out available. There are very few jobs which
don't.

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-wo...ximum-working-
hours-and-opting-out
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 16:34:36 +1000, Jacky Chance wrote:

Because the working hours directive was imposed on Britain.

Just about, only after HMG was taken to court and pretty sure some
sectors still have opt outs.

Certainly when Daughter 2 was working in the MoD, she worked all hours at
times.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:19:51 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Because the working hours directive was imposed on Britain.

Just about, only after HMG was taken to court and pretty sure some
sectors still have opt outs.

Almost everybody has an opt-out available. There are very few jobs which
don't.

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-wo...ximum-working-
hours-and-opting-out

you can only opt out of total hours.

you can't opt out of maximum hours per day and minimum rest periods

some industries have (or did have) exemptions from the latter

FWW article John Grossbohlin Woodworking 5 March 20th 05 07:35 PM
Old FWW Article SteveC1280 Woodworking 0 January 2nd 05 05:25 PM
Old FWW Article Tom Watson Woodworking 1 January 2nd 05 05:14 PM
Anybody have this article? Bert and Eileen Plank Metalworking 3 August 24th 04 12:28 PM