Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Valspar paint. Any Good?

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote in :

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave

Personally, I have never had a problem cleaning normal goo emusion. Just a
spray with a cleaner and then a gentle wipe.

Who scrubs walls?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 15:55, DerbyBorn wrote:
Another Dave wrote in :

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave

Personally, I have never had a problem cleaning normal goo emusion. Just a
spray with a cleaner and then a gentle wipe.

Who scrubs walls?

My wife.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/28/2016 3:55 PM, DerbyBorn wrote:
Another Dave wrote in :

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave

Personally, I have never had a problem cleaning normal goo emusion. Just a
spray with a cleaner and then a gentle wipe.

Who scrubs walls?

Don't recall seeing it for years. In the old days it was a perfectly
reputable brand and the gloss was supposed to have a slightly harder
surface than other brands. (I wouldn't dare challenge my wife over an
aesthetic decision like paint colour, although I keep her well clear of
Farrow and Ball).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know if its badge engineered, but back in them old days of the 60s
Valspar paint was wonderful stuff.
I bete its not anymore!

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Another Dave" wrote in message
I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen in
a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it is
"scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and Crown but
they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2016 17:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
I don't know if its badge engineered, but back in them old days of the 60s
Valspar paint was wonderful stuff.
I bete its not anymore!

Brian

It was pretty good when I painted my Lambretta in 1963, could barely see
the brush marks!

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

Another Dave wrote:

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it

Don't recall seeing it for years. In the old days it was a perfectly
reputable brand and the gloss was supposed to have a slightly harder
surface than other brands.

B&Q stock loads of it, to the point I'd assumed it was one of their own
brands.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28-Jun-16 3:49 PM, Another Dave wrote:
I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Valspar used to be among the best, but that was decades ago. I've not
used it for donkeys years.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Another Dave wrote in
:

I normally only buy Crown or Dulux but my wife fancies doing our kitchen
in a colour only available from Valspar. She also likes the idea that it
is "scrubbable". I realise that I can get specially mixed Dulux and
Crown but they only seem to be wipable.

Any pointers?

Another Dave

Personally, I have never had a problem cleaning normal goo emusion. Just a
spray with a cleaner and then a gentle wipe.

Who scrubs walls?

One of my neighbours did with their rented out granny flat after a smoking
tenant.

B&Q Valspar Paint Judith UK diy 2 October 22nd 14 09:48 AM
Good paint RickH Home Repair 13 June 24th 10 01:21 AM
Peel-A-Way Paint Remover For Latex Paint: Any Good ? Robert11 Home Repair 0 July 16th 06 12:36 AM
Valspar paint ...ARGH! Jean Home Repair 7 March 17th 06 09:34 PM
Hazy Valspar 'Clear' stone/concrete sealer Home Repair 2 August 22nd 03 02:52 AM