Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT It could be even worse then you thought possible

The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/
Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

That is why the smarts are advocating a quickie divorce, but instead act
the bitch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 13:48, Fredxxx wrote:
On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken
lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

That is why the smarts are *not* advocating a quickie divorce, but instead act
the bitch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 13:47, Capitol wrote:
TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for
the UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite
clear to all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be
taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic
collapse, political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you
voted for.

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just
might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and
having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will move
some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount of tax
collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW wrote:
[...]

Not much of a negotiator are you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:38:16 +0100, TimW wrote:

The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...treat-britain-

like-greece/

Not read it but I do recall that the DT was a supporter of Brexit.

I'm not a betting man but it wouldn't surprise me that, if the vote had
been Remain, the DT would have run similar articles saying just how bad
things would get if we had voted to Remain.

People on this group know my views.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

snip

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just
might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and
having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will
move some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount
of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

No, we voted to leave the sort of EU that would do that to us.

And if we do get that done to us, who else is going to want to join tje EU?

Or stay in it?

Once again Britain is first, and leading the way and taking the pain to
save Europe from itself.

TW

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

I'll note your fear mongering and we'll see what happens this time next
year.

PS Merkel is not selling that line.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW wrote:
[...]

I am so glad we left if that is the sort if utter ****s that they really
are.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 15:23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , T i m
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we
just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than
now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other
banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will
reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or
lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

Actually, you can agree on no terms at all.

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 15:23:01 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , T i m
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just
might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and
having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will
move some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount
of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms.

Terms they offer us.

Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

Can you cite support for that please Tim? I can't see anything that
confirms it here for example: (but may have missed it).

http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/...ng-article-50/

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 15:27:18 +0100, Paul Giverin
wrote:

On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

Do sod off.

If you are going to argue your case in those terms, it should be
supported with a union jack and an expression of patriotism.

Mindless rhetoric without the support of patriotic fervour is just not
on Old Bean.

AB

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 14:09, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just
might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and
having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will
move some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount
of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

You assume they want to negotiate, lets hope you are correct.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 15:23, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , T i m
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we
just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than
now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other
banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will
reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or
lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

What exactly do you think the UK can do about the terms offered?
We don't have a seat at the table and the terms set are to ensure the EU
doesn't suffer too much.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 June 2016 13:38:18 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting,

So far the only hunger and rioting has been outside Nando's after rumours that they were pulling out of the UK.

I expect the middle classes will still be able to import their olive oil and parmesan cheese.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 16:27, dennis@home wrote:
On 26/06/2016 14:09, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we just
might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than now and
having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other banks will
move some of their activity out of the UK which will reduce the amount
of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

You assume they want to negotiate, lets hope you are correct.

Well if they don't **** em

They will suffers as much as we do.

You don't appreciate the delicious irony of them wanting to smash UK
like they smashed greece, but realising that if they do the European
citizens are likely to vote to get out from under, as much as remain
cowed in their little Euroboxes.

Not everyone is as big a coward as a Lefty****, Dense.

Lucas Bergkamp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we
just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than
now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other
banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will
reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or
lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

What exactly do you think the UK can do about the terms offered?

WE can refuse to take them, Dense!"

We don't have a seat at the table and the terms set are to ensure the EU
doesn't suffer too much.

IN which case they had better be nice to us.

If they cant agree sane terms its the Euro that will tank.

"Saki"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan
out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/
Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make sure
that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for
the UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite
clear to all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be
taken
lightly.
So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic
collapse, political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what
you voted for.

The EU bigwigs might want this but the people of Europe don't want this,
they want out just the same as us, if the EU try that ****, it'll trigger
mass exits from most if not all of the other states - who wants to live
within a community that does something like that to one of it's neighbours?
Also, if the EU (for example) forbids member nations from trading with us,
this will harm their own countries as well as ours, result: there'll be
widespread disregard of EU 'rules' and what are they going to do about it? -
threaten to kick Germany, France, Spain out as well for trading with us? -
highly unlikely considering the whole thing is now a house of cards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 16:40, Phil L wrote:
TimW wrote:
[...]

+10001

EU is between a rock and a hard place.

It has to justify its own existence to the plebs.

So far its failing miserably.

What is likely to happen is that economically it will be in deep dog****
in 2 months time, which it will blame on Britain of course, but that
wont wash with the European public.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/16 14:15, Mark Allread wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:38:16 +0100, TimW wrote:

The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...treat-britain-

like-greece/

Not read it but I do recall that the DT was a supporter of Brexit.

I'm not a betting man but it wouldn't surprise me that, if the vote had
been Remain, the DT would have run similar articles saying just how bad
things would get if we had voted to Remain.

The press have an in-grained interest in starting civil war to watch it
with paid ring-side seats and ice cream.

"Tomorrow never dies"

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we
just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than
now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other
banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will
reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or
lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

RTFM:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ate-britain-eu

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

Negotiation is a two way process - especially when you are negotiating
with a club that can't dangle withdrawing your membership as stick to
beat you with, and to whom you are a nett payer of fees rather than a
nett receiver.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 26/06/16 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

I'll note your fear mongering and we'll see what happens this time next
year.

PS Merkel is not selling that line.

Merkel has just said she hopes the UK will re-join the EU in the future.
So wants terms which would encourage that. Something only a bit worse than
now, but bad enough to make it sensible to re-join.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
The EU bigwigs might want this but the people of Europe don't want this,
they want out just the same as us

Right. So not only do you claim to speak for the entire UK, but the people
of Europe too.

Have you even thought how ridiculous that is?

--
*If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I wonder if this is a big 'Ooops' on Tims behalf ... assuming the
'small print' will work in his favour? ;-(

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 19:07:13 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 14:09:55 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Yes, you leave on the EU's terms. If we don't have free trade we
just might be able to avoid making a payment as much or more than
now and having to allow free movement of people. HSBC and other
banks will move some of their activity out of the UK which will
reduce the amount of tax collected. So it's increased tax and/or
lower well fare benefits.

Not much of a negotiator are you?

'You leave on the EU's terms'.

We (the leaving state) aren't in control of (or party to) the terms
the other states are going to offer us. Hey, it will be a big surprise
just like all the other consequences apparently. ;-(

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

RTFM:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...t-debate-brita
in-eu

I wonder if this is a big 'Ooops' on Tims behalf ... assuming the
'small print' will work in his favour? ;-(

What *are* you talking about?

Keep up pops. ;-)

We are waiting for you to show us exactly how much exit negotiation we
are involved in with the EU?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 19:46:19 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

We are waiting for you to show us exactly how much exit negotiation we
are involved in with the EU?

Why are you asking me? I haven't offered to do that. I just pointed out
that as with any negotiation, you don't have to accept the terms first
offered. I was then pointed at the above link, the content of which
doesn't help us much, but which points us further on (I mentioned that
in another post). So we're all waiting for Michael to provide us with a
link to that.

As long as someone does as how else can we start to guess at what will
happen if / when we trigger article 50. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 16:38, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I don't know, Den, I'm not a negotiator.

Are you expecting that at the Press Conf as they arrive at Brussels
Airport, the Chief Bod is going to say something like: "Our sig will be
on their set of terms in about 30 mins then we can all go to lunch!".

That how it's going to go, Den?

Nobody knows!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:38:16 +0100, TimW wrote:

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

Wot a load of ****e.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 15:23:01 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

No, you leave on agreed terms. Just because someone offers you a set of
Ts & Cs doesn't mean you have to accept them.

They might *like* to make it ugly for us, but the truth is they cannot
afford to - and they know it. WE actually hold all the cards and the
Germans especially are well aware of it!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for the
UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite clear to
all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

TW

err, do you mean like 1976 ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote:
On 26/06/2016 13:38, TimW wrote:
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan
out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums. The EU must make
sure that Britain is out quickly and that it is ugly and painful for
the UK, as painful as they can possibly make it, to make it quite
clear to all the other member states that Exit is not an option to be
taken
lightly. So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic
collapse, political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what
you voted for. TW

err, do you mean like 1976 ?.

1981 surely? - 76 was the heatwave, 81 was the toxteth and Brixton riots

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Tim wrote:

On 26/06/16 13:38, TimW wrote:

[...]

In her dreams! It has taken 43 years to get out. She'll be dead in
another 43 years!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
The EU bigwigs might want this but the people of Europe don't want
this, they want out just the same as us

Right. So not only do you claim to speak for the entire UK, but the
people
of Europe too.

Have you even thought how ridiculous that is?

I keep thinking how ridiculous you are, maundering on ad nauseam.

It's normal for a losing, remain socialist!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:38:16 +0100, TimW wrote:

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK. It's what you voted for.

Wot a load of ****e.

He's a loser, what else do you expect?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
The Telegraph has dire warnings of how the Brexit balls up may pan out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...n-like-greece/

It isn't possible for the EU to treat Britain like Greece,
because Britain isn't asking the EU for billions to bail
it out of the mess that it has got itself into economically.

Briefly: There is the potential across Europe for right wing and
nationalist parties to demand their own referendums.

Yes.

The EU must make sure that Britain is out quickly

There is no way for the EU to do that. If Britain chooses
to invoke Article 50, it gets to decide for itself when to
do that and then the EU is stuck with the 2 year time
that that provides for. The only way that the EU could
get Britain to leave very quickly is to make it clear that
if it invoked Article 50 it would agree to the most
important things that Britain wanted like no longer
the free movement of EU citizens into Britain and
no more money from Britain to the EU and there is
no way the EU would ever agree to that because
that would see quite a few of the other net contributors
to the EU also leaving the EU to get the same result.

and that it is ugly and painful for the UK, as painful as they can
possibly make it, to make it quite clear to all the other member states
that Exit is not an option to be taken lightly.

The EU has no capacity to do that. The most it can ever
do is refuse to agree to anything Britain wants and even
that can't be done quickly given the 2 year provision
in Article 50.

And Britain is free to make an obscene gesture in the
general direction of the EU and trade under the WTO
rules, just like all of the US, China, India, Taiwan,
Canada, Australia etc all do right now.

So brace yourselves for hard times, social disorder, economic collapse,
political chaos, hunger, rioting, a broken UK.

Fantasy. The EU has no capacity to do anything like that to Britain.

It's what you voted for.

They voted for something else entirely, and will get that, you watch.

And likely will see the EU do what you listed too.