Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Something actually worse ...

.... than TV talking heads during a storm:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 15, 1:05*pm, "Swingman" wrote:
... than TV talking heads during a storm:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I love it when there's a line-up at the podium and they all, in turn,
say the same scripted **** praising the wonderful, but very, very
tough job they're all doing.
Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message ...
On Sep 15, 1:05 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
... than TV talking heads during a storm:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I love it when there's a line-up at the podium and they all, in turn,
say the same scripted **** praising the wonderful, but very, very
tough job they're all doing.

I thought this thread was about reporters not politicians. BG
P D Q
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 15, 2:34*pm, "PDQ" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in ...

On Sep 15, 1:05 pm, "Swingman" wrote:

... than TV talking heads during a storm:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I love it when there's a line-up at the podium and they all, in turn,
say the same scripted **** praising the wonderful, but very, very
tough job they're all doing.

I thought this thread was about reporters not politicians. *BG
P D Q

Oh, you mean that Chertof fella, Hero Of All Mankind Rescue Chief and
Benevolent Fighter For The Disenfranchised.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:05:57 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

And why was one of the cable news networks (I can't remember which)
using Brownie as an expert.......????????

Mike O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 15, 6:08*pm, Mike O. wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:05:57 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:
Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

And why was one of the cable news networks (I can't remember which)
using Brownie as an expert.......????????

Mike O.

I happen to catch a glimpse of that... I was aghast. AGHAST, I tell
ya!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not

for
information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back

for
doing what they're paid to do.

The best and the worst as above, sure comes out of folks when the going
gets tough, eh?

Makes me think about the current Canadian federal election TV ads.
Absolutely every one of them are one of three things or a combination of all
three.

1. They pat themselves on the back for previous accomplishments even if they
were only partially or barely involved in doing.
2. If it was a fiasco of some type, they had nothing to do with it, another
party was always fully responsible.
3. If they're attacking another political party, it's always some fact
accompanied with an outright lie of omission about that party.

That fact is that all politicians are outright, practiced liars despite any
original intent at doing some good. And the sad fact is that WE elect and
support the ones who are the best liars. Only one place to lay blame.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
That fact is that all politicians are outright, practiced liars despite any
original intent at doing some good. And the sad fact is that WE elect and
support the ones who are the best liars. Only one place to lay blame.

That's right. Blame Canada!!!