Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl track saw

Hi all,

I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

thanks

Lee.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 12:30:03 PM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
lk wrote:

Lidl have a track saw for £70

Wow, recommended for plasterboard, I wonder if it can handle corrugated
cardboard?

Yeah... that was one of the reasons for my question. Also, not sure I would use one for plasterboard anyway. The plaster dust would go everywhere - Stanley knife is much quicker and easier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/06/2016 12:41, wrote:
track saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlxOQrXhEo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/22/2016 12:58 PM, GB wrote:
On 22/06/2016 12:41, wrote:
track saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlxOQrXhEo

You could almost make a sawboard in the time it takes to watch that video.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/06/2016 13:01, newshound wrote:
On 6/22/2016 12:58 PM, GB wrote:
On 22/06/2016 12:41, wrote:
track saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlxOQrXhEo

You could almost make a sawboard in the time it takes to watch that video.

Very true.

One neat point in that video is that he trues up the piece of timber as
he screws it together.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/22/2016 12:58 PM, GB wrote:
On 22/06/2016 12:41, wrote:
track saw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlxOQrXhEo

You could almost make a sawboard in the time it takes to watch that
video.

Very true.

One neat point in that video is that he trues up the piece of timber as
he screws it together.

Didn't bother to watch it. I always make sawboards out of new sheets of
ply, using an edge as the main guide. Then you only need the one (final)
cut to get the finishing edge, after it is all assembled.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:58, GB wrote:
On 22/06/2016 12:41, wrote:
track saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlxOQrXhEo

Looks like a saw board to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/06/2016 14:57, Mike Clarke wrote:
On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given
the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before
and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where
the guy is attempting to cut a board.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/u...73482_04_f.jpg

Maybe he is just cutting a hole?

Is this before or after she wiped her paintbrush on his shirt ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given
the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before
and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where
the guy is attempting to cut a board.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/u...73482_04_f.jpg

Well, that G-Clamp is gonna be sliced.

Where the cut bits of board will fall after he has chopped through will
depend on if he has two more than the average number of hands.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given
the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before
and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where
the guy is attempting to cut a board.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/u...73482_04_f.jpg

You mean where he runs into his clamp and then cuts off the bit holding
the whole thing on his saw horses?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given
the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before
and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where
the guy is attempting to cut a board.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/u...73482_04_f.jpg

Well, that G-Clamp is gonna be sliced.

Unlikely. The saw frame will stop at the clamp and so unless he places
undue pressure on it, the uncut section of the board is unikely to snap.
As shown its more likely the whole setup will skew, the reason
for always using two clamps, and either the blade will stall or the saw
it will jump back our of the cut. Knocking matey backwards against
the wall, knocking him out, at which point he gets the kiss of life from
the other half.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
I see that Lidl have a track saw for £70 which seems very cheap given
the price of more professional models. I have used a Festool before
and was wondering if anyone has any experience of the Lidl one?

Spot the 2 deliberate mistakes in the fourth image on the website where
the guy is attempting to cut a board.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/u...73482_04_f.jpg

You mean where he runs into his clamp and then cuts off the bit holding
the whole thing on his saw horses?

That's what I figured!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2016 12:26, wrote:
[...]

Thgere is at least a third mistake. Who on earth uses a circular saw in
a room where someone is painting?