Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So, the water came through the kitchen ceiling

When we had some heavy rain last year, some water came through
the kitchen ceiling. At the time I thought it was a problem of cracked
mortar on the coping of a wall above. Anyway, it did it again this year,
so I thought I'd have to do something about it when the rain stopped and
the tiles dried out. Came home on Tuesday and it was pouring down,
that's when I noticed the flood spurting out from the end of the
guttering and over the coping. I also noticed the 20inch plant growing
from the downpipe at roof level. I sent a grandchild up yesterday, as I
am banned from walking on roofs if she is around, who removed the
offending plant and the pile of moss blocking the downpipe. After a
quick hose down, the guttering is now doing it's job and hopefully the
kitchen will stay dry. I guess I'll have to caulk the mortar joints
soon, but that's only a 20 minute job whilst she is out! Can we please
nuisance!

Best paint to use on kitchen ceiling? Fredxxx UK diy 26 July 19th 15 12:37 PM
Painting Kitchen ceiling Gogs UK diy 5 September 22nd 05 06:53 PM
Painting Kitchen ceiling Gogs UK diy 1 September 20th 05 08:43 AM
New kitchen ceiling questions [email protected] UK diy 3 November 5th 04 08:14 AM
water stains on kitchen ceiling along side chminey brickwork Chris Home Repair 0 February 24th 04 08:16 AM