Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freehold

Has anyone bought their freehold?

My shop is leasehold, I pay 57p every 6 months and the bill always
includes a letter reminding me that if I want to break wind, I need to
ask them first and enclose a cheque for £120 for which they will check
the lease and advise whether I am permitted to do so.

So i'd like to buy the lease at least on the shop. Has anyone done this
and if so how was the process and what did it cost?

Value approx 70k, 850 yrs remaining on the lease.

TIA.

Flying freehold NT[_2_] UK diy 4 September 5th 11 12:48 PM
Freehold/leasehold? Scabbydug UK diy 7 April 25th 08 08:21 AM
"right of first refusal" to purchase freehold for leaseholder Blue Home Ownership 2 December 7th 06 02:03 PM