Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Push-fit connectors for cupboard shelving

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate of
piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front of the
piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become loose - the
bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides (or
via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push fit/snap
fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the vertical panel can
be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:06:05 +0100, Alan White wrote:

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate
of piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front
of the piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become
loose - the bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the
weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard
sides (or via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort
of push fit/snap fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that
the vertical panel can be just pulled out of the cupboard when
necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Magnetic door catches?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Alan White
wrote:

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate
of piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front
of the piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become
loose - the bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight
of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides
(or via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push
fit/snap fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the
vertical panel can be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

magnetic catches on the back?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan White" wrote in message

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate of
piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front of
the
piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become loose -
the
bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides
(or
via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push
fit/snap
fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the vertical panel
can
be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Ebay abounds with very low priced circular rare earth magnets that have a
countersunk hole in the middle. Ideal for such applications and amazingly
strong. Just need something magnetic like a short strip of steel for them to
latch on to.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:06:05 +0100, Alan White wrote:

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate of
piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front of the
piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become loose - the
bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides (or
via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push fit/snap
fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the vertical panel can
be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Looks like super strong magnets are the answer : thanks to all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Alan White
writes
On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:06:05 +0100, Alan White wrote:

I have a kitchen cupboard under the sink. There is quite a conglomerate of
piping there including of course the kitchen sink waste outlet pipes.

I want to mount a vertical panel (using an old cupboard shelf) in front of the
piping such that it cannot be knocked/caught and made to become loose - the
bottom of the panel will rest on the floor to take the weight of it.

I want to mount the "shelf" so that it is connected to the cupboard sides (or
via a vertical baton connected to thee sides) using some sort of push fit/snap
fasteners so that it is quite neat - but also so that the vertical panel can
be just pulled out of the cupboard when necessary.

Any suggestions please for type of fasteners?

Looks like super strong magnets are the answer : thanks to all.

Only if you know/remember they are the-)

For retro fit that may be best but sliding grooves are not uncommon for
temporary panels. Bottom groove shallower than top one. Lift panel to
release...

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/27/2016 9:33 AM, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Alan White" wrote in message

[...]

Agreed, even a screw head will do perhaps with a washer to make a bigger
target.

Another option I have occasionally used is a couple of pipe clips,
either on to copper or on to waste pipe. These are very secure, no need
to rest the panel on the floor (where it will get soggy if there are any
leaks or spills).