Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calling Henry users

Prompted by another posting, I've just bought some microfibre bags
rather than the paper ones which we normally use. One of the eBay listings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Microfi...AOSw3ydVn7I T

sells 10 bags with one of the cloth secondary filters. I've never
replaced our cloth filter (I vacuum it occasionally) but SO is
complaining of lack of suction which makes me wonder if I should.

How often do you guys replace these?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
Prompted by another posting, I've just bought some microfibre bags
rather than the paper ones which we normally use. One of the eBay
listings
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Microfi...AOSw3ydVn7I T

sells 10 bags with one of the cloth secondary filters. I've never
replaced our cloth filter (I vacuum it occasionally) but SO is
complaining of lack of suction which makes me wonder if I should.

How often do you guys replace these?

I've never used a bag in my henry, the dust / stones /spiders etc just goes
straight into the body of the machine, when it's full I empty it into the
bin.

The filter at the top, the bit with rubber bands over it has never been
changed or even cleaned by me and it still picks up plaster dust, loose
gravel, nails etc with ease.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2016 12:04, newshound wrote:
Prompted by another posting, I've just bought some microfibre bags
rather than the paper ones which we normally use. One of the eBay listings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Microfi...AOSw3ydVn7I T

sells 10 bags with one of the cloth secondary filters. I've never
replaced our cloth filter (I vacuum it occasionally) but SO is
complaining of lack of suction which makes me wonder if I should.

How often do you guys replace these?

TIA

Ny Henry has never had the main filter replaced in 7+ years (and it
still looks clean). For the past 5 years or so it has only been fitted
with the disposable Numatic Hepta-Flo dust bags. The bags seem similar
to the ones you link to. The Numatic bags are 12 inches by 16 inches
when laid out flat and have a rubber seal to the inlet pipe. No loss
of suction seen until the bag gets really overfull. The Henry has not
only been used for general household cleaning but also to vacuum up
plaster/cement dust which the Hepta-Flo bags catch effectively.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Numatic-Henry-Edward-Nuvac-Rucksack-Hepa-Flo-Vacuum-Cleaner-Dust-Bags-/380638251347?hash=item589fcec953:g:RZQAAOSwvt1WRGY D

OR

http://tinyurl.com/h4mypo6

A loss of suction could be due to a partial blocking of the hose. Try
running a garden hose with fully mains water pressure through the vacuum
hose.

To see if the main filter is the cause of the lack of suction just
remove it for a few minutes and see if the suction improves.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/22/2016 11:40 PM, alan_m wrote:
[...]

Good point, I will try that. Already checked for blocked hose. Suction
actually seems OK to me, I have a suspicion that my wife doesn't always
close the lid properly after replacing bags (which would explain
everything).

Thanks also to other poster.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/05/2016 10:48, newshound wrote:
proves.

Good point, I will try that. Already checked for blocked hose. Suction
actually seems OK to me, I have a suspicion that my wife doesn't always
close the lid properly after replacing bags (which would explain
everything).

My Henry also has a green low suck/high suck switch. Has yours been
accidentally been set to the low position?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/23/2016 6:58 PM, alan_m wrote:
On 23/05/2016 10:48, newshound wrote:
proves.

Good point, I will try that. Already checked for blocked hose. Suction
actually seems OK to me, I have a suspicion that my wife doesn't always
close the lid properly after replacing bags (which would explain
everything).

My Henry also has a green low suck/high suck switch. Has yours been
accidentally been set to the low position?

Good point, but no: the noise changes!

calling all caul users Electric Comet Woodworking 44 December 7th 15 11:30 PM
Imperial by EP Henry Fred Home Repair 0 September 18th 10 11:08 PM
Thank you Mike Henry Ignoramus2408 Metalworking 15 August 9th 09 09:38 PM
Smelly Henry Lobster UK diy 8 December 3rd 07 10:32 PM
Henry is out of breath GB UK diy 9 July 14th 07 11:48 PM