Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toolsatan prices creeping up?

jim wrote:

a small basket of bits - can foam adhesive, couple of cheapest
solvent grab adhesive, litre of 2stroke oil

Surprised to see screwfux were cheaper than toolsatan by 10%?

Reminded me of the plethora of new ts catalogues I keep receiving
- I don't expect the prices are changing in a downward
direction...

Oh well, when's the originator of both going to start another?
There'll be room soon at this rate.

AFAIK not likely to be anytime soon. The guy behind SF and TS has a
management position within Travis Perkins group who owns TS
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/20/2016 8:02 AM, Bob Minchin wrote:
jim wrote:

a small basket of bits - can foam adhesive, couple of cheapest
solvent grab adhesive, litre of 2stroke oil

Surprised to see screwfux were cheaper than toolsatan by 10%?

Reminded me of the plethora of new ts catalogues I keep receiving
- I don't expect the prices are changing in a downward
direction...

Oh well, when's the originator of both going to start another?
There'll be room soon at this rate.

AFAIK not likely to be anytime soon. The guy behind SF and TS has a
management position within Travis Perkins group who owns TS

I think you just have to check both (plus Wickes) these days, at least
it is easy enough on the web.

Interesting that both SF and TS are going heavily into "shops" now.

Prices are up, but so is convenience.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
Oh well, when's the originator of both going to start another?
There'll be room soon at this rate.

ISTR reading he had to sign a contract not to, after selling to TP.

AFAIK not likely to be anytime soon. The guy behind SF and TS has a
management position within Travis Perkins group who owns TS

Right. And of course TP have always been the very best value, so will
continue this with TS. ;-)

Far more likely it will go the way of Screwfix under B&Q and put prices up.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
jim wrote:

a small basket of bits - can foam adhesive, couple of cheapest
solvent grab adhesive, litre of 2stroke oil

Surprised to see screwfux were cheaper than toolsatan by 10%?

Reminded me of the plethora of new ts catalogues I keep receiving
- I don't expect the prices are changing in a downward
direction...

Oh well, when's the originator of both going to start another?
There'll be room soon at this rate.

AFAIK not likely to be anytime soon. The guy behind SF and TS has a
management position within Travis Perkins group who owns TS

Contrary to my earlier reply. Mark Goddard-Watts ceased to be a director
on 31/3/14 but I presume they would have blocked him from setting up
again in the same marketplace for a number of years.
He is still a director of Toolstation Europe.