Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lawn spreader setting for Mo Bacter?

Just about to try this supposedly wonder moss killer for the first time
so have bought an Evergreen Easyspreader+, has anyone an advice on what
setting to use?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:01:01 +0100, wrote:

Just about to try this supposedly wonder moss killer for the first
time so have bought an Evergreen Easyspreader+, has anyone an advice
on what setting to use?

According to this
http://tinyurl.com/jgldaxk , you need to spread it
at a rate of 1kg per 10 sq.m., or 100g per sq.m. There's a PDF link at
the bottom giving the settings for various lawn feeders
http://tinyurl.com/j5djnb9 Your feeder should be set at 7 with two
passes.

Good luck with your spreader. I don't have much faith in such devices.
I've tried two, neither very successfully. A simpler approach is to
get a few bamboo stakes and lay them out to make metre squares. Weigh
out 100g of fertiliser in an old cup or scoop, note how full it is,
and just scatter a cup- or scoop-full of your stuff fairly evenly over
each square. Repeat until you've covered the lawn.

My abandoned flower beds are doing very well thanks to you Sir. The grass
about is 3 inches high now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 May 2016 19:36:13 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

Just about to try this supposedly wonder moss killer for the first
time so have bought an Evergreen Easyspreader+, has anyone an advice
on what setting to use?

If it's Evergreen moss killer you are using be prepared for horrible black
marks all over your lawn.
It takes ages for the grass to grow back, but it does grow back.
Then, the moss comes back.

He should get a rabbit. Daughter has just rescued a pair and one seems
to have an issue with any moss in the (back) lawn and rips it out
pretty efficiently! ;-)

She has also treated the front lawn with a moss killer and fertiliser
of some sort and used one of the wheelbarrow type spreaders with a
spinney disk underneath. Early days to know how effective it was.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
[...]

I have one and can report modest success. Getting the best depth of
grass to see the last pass wheelings is tricky. Best if you can do it in
lands like old style ploughing so the marked grass leans away from you.

I check the setting by marking out a few square metres on plastic sheet
and then weighing the collected output.

The problem with the evergreen spreader I have is that the serrated edge
of the plastic metering strip has tiny flash hairs presumably from the
injection moulding process. These gather powdered material and obstruct
the proper flow.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 May 2016 21:50:58 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

snip

She has also treated the front lawn with a moss killer and fertiliser
of some sort and used one of the wheelbarrow type spreaders with a
spinney disk underneath. Early days to know how effective it was.

The trouble with the spinning disk spreaders is that the stuff
sometimes goes where you don't want it to, like onto adjacent
flowerbeds, and kills the plants. BTDTGTTS!

;-)

In this case there were no flowers bordering the grass, just two paths
and two hedgerows and I think she was aware of the risk to 'other
plants' etc.

Good to point out though so others don't GTTS. ;-)

Cheers, T i m