Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn spreader setting for Mo Bacter?

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Wed, 18 May 2016 18:01:01 +0100, wrote:

Just about to try this supposedly wonder moss killer for the first time
so have bought an Evergreen Easyspreader+, has anyone an advice on what
setting to use?

According to this
http://tinyurl.com/jgldaxk , you need to spread it
at a rate of 1kg per 10 sq.m., or 100g per sq.m. There's a PDF link at
the bottom giving the settings for various lawn feeders
http://tinyurl.com/j5djnb9 Your feeder should be set at 7 with two
passes.

Good luck with your spreader. I don't have much faith in such devices.
I've tried two, neither very successfully. A simpler approach is to
get a few bamboo stakes and lay them out to make metre squares. Weigh
out 100g of fertiliser in an old cup or scoop, note how full it is,
and just scatter a cup- or scoop-full of your stuff fairly evenly over
each square. Repeat until you've covered the lawn.

I have one and can report modest success. Getting the best depth of
grass to see the last pass wheelings is tricky. Best if you can do it in
lands like old style ploughing so the marked grass leans away from you.

I check the setting by marking out a few square metres on plastic sheet
and then weighing the collected output.

The problem with the evergreen spreader I have is that the serrated edge
of the plastic metering strip has tiny flash hairs presumably from the
injection moulding process. These gather powdered material and obstruct
the proper flow.

--
Tim Lamb