Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extending the life of a disposable razor blade

Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what
could I use to strop the other sides?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dex" wrote in message ...
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what could
I use to strop the other sides?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2016 08:14, Dex wrote:
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what
could I use to strop the other sides?

The annoying thing is that on a TV programme years ago, where people
were invited to present their "inventions" and the patent lawyers worked
through them, someone converted the drive from a battery drill to drive
a drum to "strop" such blades. He too found that he could greatly extend
their life. The patent lawyers said that he could take it no further, as
one of the razor companies had patents that covered any such device.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I knew some body would suggest this.
It does not actually work you know. There is no strange quantum effect from
such a shape.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"bm" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Dex" wrote in message ...
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what
could I use to strop the other sides?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You might well laugh, but don't you think it odd
that while most of the Ancient Assyrians had bushy
beards, the men anyway, most of the Ancient Egyptians
were either clean shaven, or had very neat goatee
beards ?

michael adams

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I knew some body would suggest this.
It does not actually work you know. There is no strange quantum effect from such a
shape.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"bm" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Dex" wrote in message ...
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and getting a
good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what could I use to strop the
other sides?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_power

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 16/05/2016 08:14, Dex wrote:
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what
could I use to strop the other sides?

The annoying thing is that on a TV programme years ago, where people were invited to
present their "inventions" and the patent lawyers worked through them, someone
converted the drive from a battery drill to drive a drum to "strop" such blades. He too
found that he could greatly extend their life. The patent lawyers said that he could
take it no further, as one of the razor companies had patents that covered any such
device.

But there's no real difference there, to a stropping wheel as used
on a bench grinder for chisels.

Which have probably existed in one form or another ever since
wheels were used for sharpening things like swords etc.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2016 08:14, Dex wrote:
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and
getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what
could I use to strop the other sides?

angle grinder?

should paint come off with a razor blade? [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 24th 16 07:55 PM
Razor blade life Tim[_28_] UK diy 4 September 15th 11 10:25 PM
RAZOR BLADE SCRAPER J T Woodworking 0 February 26th 08 01:45 AM
Extending the Life of TVs Brad Electronics 3 October 22nd 04 02:58 AM
Extending the life of a Tek 2465? Jim Yanik Electronics Repair 11 December 10th 03 01:03 AM