Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric juicer fuse

A friend's electric juicer stopped suddenly today and closer inspection
shows that a small internal fuse has blown.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6x7ohvor0...2053.jpeg?dl=1

It's from this circuit board.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnk2dl79rr...2015.jpeg?dl=1

As best as I can tell, it's rated at 250V and 15 amps but the writing is
absolutely minuscule so it's hard to be certain of it's 5 or 15 amps.

Looking at the stuff that was being juiced I suspect it was just briefly
overloaded (by a raw sweet potato) so I think it's worth just trying a new
fuse, problem is, I don't know what terms to search for on eBay. "Glass
fuse" doesn't bring up anything with tails.

It's about 12mm long and 3mm in diameter.

What's the correct term for this kind of fuse?

Tim
--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile