Default Blown Fuse with Electric Stove

I found a blown fuse on my 10+ year old, 4 element, electric stove.

When I replaced it with a new one (not knowing what has caused that):

- an indicator light automatically came on (which normally indicate an
element that one side of the stove is on)
- None of the element heats up
- Turning on the switch for individual element bring up the heat i.e.
it works properly.

Question:
- Why does the indicator light turn itself on (while all element dials
are off) as soon as I plug in a new fuse?

- Is there typically one fuse per element?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Appliance Repair Aid

wrote:
I found a blown fuse on my 10+ year old, 4 element, electric stove.

When I replaced it with a new one (not knowing what has caused that):

- an indicator light automatically came on (which normally indicate an
element that one side of the stove is on)
- None of the element heats up
- Turning on the switch for individual element bring up the heat i.e.
it works properly.

Question:
- Why does the indicator light turn itself on (while all element dials
are off) as soon as I plug in a new fuse?

- Is there typically one fuse per element?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Hi,

I found a blown fuse on my 10+ year old, 4 element, electric stove

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

- an indicator light automatically came on (which normally indicate an
element that one side of the stove is on)
- None of the element heats up

Something likely "shorted" at one time....pot boiled over, tin foil in
the element receptical, burnt wire, etc and the contact in one of the
surface switchs is now tacked/welded closed and staying on all the
time.

- Is there typically one fuse per element?

2 fuses for left side elements and 2 for right side....they share the
fuses.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

wrote:
J33VKT-1

Does this model# make sense? It's GE.

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.

Small element switchs WB23M91
Large element switches WB23M99

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

wrote:
J33VKT-1

Does this model# make sense? It's GE.

Yup....an older Canadian GE range.

Small element switches WB23M91

Gas or Electric? phaeton Home Repair 22 October 27th 05 01:21 AM
electrical interruption Choreboy Home Repair 41 April 17th 05 11:14 PM
JBL sub PSW-D110 hums, and the fuse is blown Sathees Electronics Repair 2 September 15th 03 10:24 PM
Micrwave oven - M8A fuse? Mike Tomlinson Electronics Repair 7 August 29th 03 08:00 PM
Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 03:36 PM