Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bi-stable electric water valves

I've found these on Ebay and have an application that they would be better for than a straight on-off valve.

But has anyone used them and can anyone make head-or-tail of this electrical specification?

"Universal Plastic G1/2 Bi-stable Pulse Electric Solenoid Water Valve 3.6V DC

SKU: 14_S000114016332
Small Size, beautiful appearance, stable performance
Wide application and usage, can meet the different needs of customers.
2 wired connector replacement solenoid valve . Male thread connector.
Replace the bad work solenoid valve for machine.
Use for: Universal
Powered by: 3.6V DC
Working Form: Positive pulse valve, Negative pulse valve
Electric resistance: 9 pulse width 30ms
Working current: 500mA
Working pressure 0.05 - 1.0Mpa
Thread Diameter: 2cm
Size: Approx. 53 x 50 x 24mm/ 2.9 x 1.97 x 0.94inch
Material: Plastic
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2016 11:22, Rob Graham wrote:
[...]

Hi Rob

Looks like it wants a short pulse of 3.6v @ 1/2 an amp to open it, and
then a short pulse of the opposite polarity to close it.... though
that's a bit 'unfriendly' from the point of view of the driver circuitry.
'Spose it could be done with 6v 'centre-tapped' (so 0v is half-way up
the battery stack, if using batteries)

Does that make any sense?
Adrian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/16 12:59, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
3.6v @ 1/2 an amp to open it, and then a short pulse of the opposite
polarity to close it.... though that's a bit 'unfriendly' from the point
of view of the driver circuitry.
'Spose it could be done with 6v 'centre-tapped' (so 0v is half-way up
the battery stack, if using batteries)

use an H bridge, then only 5V supply needed.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 2 May 2016 11:22:55 UTC+1, Rob Graham wrote:
I've found these on Ebay and have an application that they would be better for than a straight on-off valve.

But has anyone used them and can anyone make head-or-tail of this electrical specification?

translation follows...

"Universal Plastic G1/2 Bi-stable Pulse Electric Solenoid Water Valve 3.6V DC

SKU: 14_S000114016332
Small Size, beautiful appearance, stable performance
Wide application and usage, can meet the different needs of customers.

waffle

2 wired connector replacement solenoid valve . Male thread connector.
Replace the bad work solenoid valve for machine.
Use for: Universal
Powered by: 3.6V DC
Working Form: Positive pulse valve, Negative pulse valve
Electric resistance: 9 pulse width 30ms
Working current: 500mA

So it wants 3.6v 500mA for 30ms, plus the other polarity for opposite action. 30ms seems remarkably short for a water valve solenoid, call me unconvinced about that bit. I'd expect more like 300ms.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Rob Graham wrote:

I've found these on Ebay and have an application that they would be better for than a straight on-off valve.

I can't see the device or its spec.

Not so sure about the "beautiful" ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=121807223270

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Rob,

I know this is an old post but did you ever get this working?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 11:57:24 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

Hi Rob,

I know this is an old post but did you ever get this working?

It's only a fiver delivered, why not try it?