Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Them leaflets, further rumour.

There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited leaflets were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If one has arrived here, I'd not know. Does anyone know tha actual question
on the form we will be doing?
IE is it going to be so misleading that yes means no?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"harry" wrote in message
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited leaflets
were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited leaflets
were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?

There's more than a rumour, it was in an official statement

but what's the issue here?

I doubt that the Germany company won the job because of any ideology (of
lack of), they presumably won it by being the cheapest

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
harry writes
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited
leaflets were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?

OT for the question, but some may find amusing. A friend works as a
postie on a rural route with mostly postboxes. She delivered the
leaflets and the next day she diligently collected a large quantity from
the boxes with messages across the front, the most polite being '****
off'.
--
Nick (=----)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" Wrote in message:
If one has arrived here, I'd not know. Does anyone know tha actual question
on the form we will be doing?
IE is it going to be so misleading that yes means no?

The question is going to be (with a choice of responses to stay or
leave, rather than yes/no)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or
leave the European Union?

Remain a member of the European Union
Leave the European Union

Which seems a reasonable way to put it, though no doubt whatever
way it is phrased some people will complain. The final wording is
as recommended by the Electoral Commission.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick a écrit :
In message , harry
writes
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited leaflets
were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?

OT for the question, but some may find amusing. A friend works as a postie on
a rural route with mostly postboxes. She delivered the leaflets and the next
day she diligently collected a large quantity from the boxes with messages
across the front, the most polite being '**** off'.

If these are marked by whom ever receives one 'RETURN TO SENDER', does
the Post Office have a duty to return them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 17 April 2016 08:58:10 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
If one has arrived here, I'd not know. Does anyone know tha actual question
on the form we will be doing?
IE is it going to be so misleading that yes means no?
Brian

I wonder what marks they'll allow in the boxes to indicate a yes or a no.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 17 April 2016 08:59:39 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited leaflets
were printed in Germany.
Can anybody verify this?

There's more than a rumour, it was in an official statement

but what's the issue here?

I doubt that the Germany company won the job because of any ideology (of
lack of), they presumably won it by being the cheapest

They could have won it because they were the most expensive or maybe someone in the company also has a political career.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Nick a écrit :
In message ,
harry writes
There is a rumour afoot that to add insult, those eagerly awaited
leaflets were printed in Germany. Can anybody verify this?

OT for the question, but some may find amusing. A friend works as a
postie on a rural route with mostly postboxes. She delivered the
leaflets and the next day she diligently collected a large quantity
from the boxes with messages across the front, the most polite being
'**** off'.

If these are marked by whom ever receives one 'RETURN TO SENDER', does
the Post Office have a duty to return them?

If only I could do that with the piles of ****e I get from Virgin. Never
been a customer and never will be. They make the very worst government
department seem positively parsimonious with paper.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
I wonder what marks they'll allow in the boxes to indicate a yes or a no.

A mark that clearly indicates a selection of no more options than allowed,
that does not identify the voter.

So, tick, cross, smiley face. I've see cock-and-balls allowed as long
as it's within a single box indicating a single option. Don't use
'NO' as that's ambigious. Are you indicating that's the option you've
selected ("a mark agains one option"), or are you indicating that's not
the option you want. 'YES' in one box and 'NO' in another box would be
a clear indication. In a multi-member election 1,2,3 is acceptable as
long as it's not more marks than you are allowed to select (eg only
use two marks if there are two vacancies) and if it's not a preferential
election the actual numbers are ignored.

Minor strays outside the box are allowed, but big strays could be
interpreted as crossing out the whole ballot. Names, addresses, etc
are void as it identifies the voter. There are plenty of examples of
spoiled ballot papers available online.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 April 2016 19:48:41 UTC+1, wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
I wonder what marks they'll allow in the boxes to indicate a yes or a no.

A mark that clearly indicates a selection of no more options than allowed,
that does not identify the voter.

So, tick, cross, smiley face. I've see cock-and-balls allowed as long
as it's within a single box indicating a single option.

Yes I rememebr that too, the key thing is it;s up to the retrurning officer ( think that's what they call them) whether a mark is counted or not and we see that anything within the boarder is a yes it appeared.

Don't use
'NO' as that's ambigious.

That would confuse the counters, I'd be like putting Rod in a barrel and telling him to **** in the corner.

Are you indicating that's the option you've
selected ("a mark agains one option"), or are you indicating that's not
the option you want. 'YES' in one box and 'NO' in another box would be
a clear indication. In a multi-member election 1,2,3 is acceptable as
long as it's not more marks than you are allowed to select (eg only
use two marks if there are two vacancies) and if it's not a preferential
election the actual numbers are ignored.

Minor strays outside the box are allowed, but big strays could be
interpreted as crossing out the whole ballot. Names, addresses, etc
are void as it identifies the voter. There are plenty of examples of
spoiled ballot papers available online.

Yes I have wondered whenther or not the 'voter' that drew an accurate picture of a penis inside the box wanted that vote to count or whehter he had planned it to be a spoilt paper.