Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC offer leaflets

Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?
Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop
sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do
actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?
Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop
sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do
actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

Yes, still coming through here

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI All

On 10 May 2008 20:09:22 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sat, 10 May 2008 19:27:19 UTC, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?
Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop
sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do
actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

I'm still getting them, but not as frequently.

Yes - they do seem to have cut down on how often they send these
leaflets out - perhaps not a bad thing - as it was getting to be a bit
_too_ often...

A word of warning to anybody thinking of buying anything heavy from
CPC. Regular readers may recall the trouble I had a few weeks back
where the clever people in CPC's packing department loose-packed a
pillar drill (which was quite heavy!) in one of their standard
cardboard boxes, along with a number of smaller items.

By the time the consignment had arrived here in Ireland, the
inadequate outer packaging had burst, and half of the bits had fallen
out / been snaffled.

CPC responded that they knew they had a problem, and, in future, they
were going to route all packages that were heavier than 15kg though
their QA department - who would then supervise the packaging...

I did point out that a couple of SLA batteries, plus half a dozen lamp
bulbs, would weigh much less than their 15kg limit - but packing this
combination in their usual way would ensure that the light bulbs
arrived as ground glass - but they didn't want to know...

So - the moral of this story...
If buying from CPC - place separate orders for heavy / massy / dense
stuff - if you want the other _delicate_ stuff to arrive in one
piece....

Clowns !

Adrian

They do electronic copies on the website, which pretty well confirms
that I'm not actually missing any.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 May 2008 19:27:19 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?

Not recently the last one I got was a big "covers everything up to the end
of April" fairly think thing rather than the thinner specific product
group ones of the past. I currently have no CPC flyers on the shelf.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 May 2008 20:30:48 UTC, Adrian
wrote:

A word of warning to anybody thinking of buying anything heavy from
CPC. Regular readers may recall the trouble I had a few weeks back
where the clever people in CPC's packing department loose-packed a
pillar drill (which was quite heavy!) in one of their standard
cardboard boxes, along with a number of smaller items.

(etc.)

So - the moral of this story...
If buying from CPC - place separate orders for heavy / massy / dense
stuff - if you want the other _delicate_ stuff to arrive in one
piece....

I heartily concur...

I ordered a large tub of dishwasher powder, which was packed in the same
flimsy carton as some fragile stuff. Needless to say, not all the
fragile stuff survived. Actually, the next time it was the tub itself
that was damaged.

I've given up getting hard disks from here...tossed loose into a big box
with lots of other stuff. They sort it out in the end but it's too much
hassle.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Adrian
writes

Gabriel) wrote:

[...]

I've been telling them for years, they really don't give a ****

They also went a bit south side of total belief when I reported that the
Snooper which I ordered was just an empty box

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

HI Bob

wrote:

[...]

Ah - it's not just me then g

I actually took the trouble to write CPC quite a detailed email which
explained 'why' their

IF weight 15kg THEN get it packed by QA

was wrong on several levels, and wouldn't solve their problem -
and the dear girl sent me a single-liner back which said

"Thank you again for you comments. As a business we accept that we
will only grow by listening to our customers."

Honestly - what's the point !!??****

Adrian
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo Geo is offline

On 10 May 2008 20:42:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

I've given up getting hard disks from here...tossed loose into a big box
with lots of other stuff. They sort it out in the end but it's too much
hassle.

Picture of CPC packing around the hard disk (in transparent container above the
cd box) :-
http://diy.110mb.com/badpack.jpg

Geo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?
Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop
sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do
actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

I've never got them by post, but get emails near every day. 'Daily
specials' IIRC.

--
*The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:01:59 UTC, Geo
wrote:

On 10 May 2008 20:42:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

I've given up getting hard disks from here...tossed loose into a big box
with lots of other stuff. They sort it out in the end but it's too much
hassle.

Picture of CPC packing around the hard disk (in transparent container above the
cd box) :-
http://diy.110mb.com/badpack.jpg

That's OK! :-) Last one I had, it wa a bigger box, no paper to stop
it leaping around, and just the antistatic bag!

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:43:18 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?
Mine stopped coming probably a couple of months ago. I know they stop
sending them if you don't order anything from the leaflets, but I do
actually order quite a lot from them (or did until they stopped coming).

I've never got them by post, but get emails near every day. 'Daily
specials' IIRC.

Just got two in the post today (Computer One and Bulk Bargains).

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Just wondering if anyone's still getting CPC offer leaflets in the post?

More than ever, it seems. Within the last week, Incredible Bulk
Bargains (32 pp), Computer One (68 pp), and May's FOCUS (148 pp).

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Geo
writes
On 10 May 2008 20:42:08 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

I've given up getting hard disks from here...tossed loose into a big box
with lots of other stuff. They sort it out in the end but it's too much
hassle.

Picture of CPC packing around the hard disk (in transparent container above the
cd box) :-
http://diy.110mb.com/badpack.jpg

Pah - that's exceptionally well packed for CPC

--
geoff

B&Q Offer The Medway Handyman UK diy 0 September 20th 07 10:11 PM
OFFER IC [email protected] Electronics 1 June 14th 07 08:47 PM