Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default T&G floor board, dumb question

I'm replacing a bathroom floor with Wickes T&G. I was slightly surprised
to find it isn't symmetrical, should it go "tongue up" or "tongue down"?

I thought I would try the "Tongue-tite" special screws for "secret
screwing" which were on offer today, but I might still drill pilot holes
as the joists are 18th century oak. Any views?

Not sure how to achieve "max screw spacing 300 mm" with my 400 mm joists.

Will then be covered with vinyl.