Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default d-i-y SD card storage solution?

On Friday, 4 March 2016 19:04:55 UTC, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone has, made or could recommend a good storage
solution for SD and uSD cards as one might use with a Raspberry Pi
micro computer?

I'm not just talking about a pouch or wallet that actually takes the
cards but some way of both storing them and being able to keep some
sort of record (ideally on / with the cards themselves) telling me
exactly what is on each.

The point is, cards used this way would hold say different OS's,
versions or desktops and not just a batch of photos.

Ideally it would also allow a safe but easy way of accessing the
cards, especially for someone what has big hands and less than 20:20
vision. ;-)

Just to give you an idea of what I'm thinking of, maybe small card
index box with some form of slim but secure and easy-open container
attached to each card (not like the ones the cards often come in that
once you do get open, fires the card across the room, never to be
found again) or a pouch so thin you can't get it open enough to get
your finger in / card out.

Cheers, T i m

For memory sticks, I use key rings with cheap fobs I can write on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 01:04:55 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

snip

For memory sticks, I use key rings with cheap fobs I can write on.

That's not a bad idea, especially as I have a small bag full of such
fobs. ;-)

I bought some paper Dymo label tape (comes a 3 pack with silver and
yellow plastic tape but make them all a bit cheaper) and I'll give
that a go (as suggested here) on the uSD cards, along with a fine
paint-pen / marker.

Cheers, T i m

OT Why doesn't the credit card company put your photograph on your card? Metspitzer Home Repair 50 December 25th 11 01:22 PM
card storage N_Cook Electronics Repair 0 May 12th 10 01:13 PM
credit-card for windshield thin-ice: "credit-card-like" ice-scraper? David Combs Home Repair 33 January 17th 09 03:42 AM
O/T: Credit Card v Debit Card 10x Woodworking 38 November 20th 07 04:17 PM
PCI to ISA card Fla Electronics 5 May 11th 05 07:45 AM