Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power shower & RCD plug

I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
plug as per manufacturers instructions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang Wrote in message:
I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
plug as per manufacturers instructions.

Likley the RCD is doing its job and the pump is faulty. is there
any water leakage near the pump electrics?
Is the circuit RCD protected at the consumer unit as well?
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2016 22:25, Graham. wrote:
David Lang Wrote in message:
I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Likley the RCD is doing its job and the pump is faulty. is there
any water leakage near the pump electrics?

Haven't looked inside yet, but nothing obvious outside.

Is the circuit RCD protected at the consumer unit as well?

No, just the RCD plug which is in one side of a DSO. The other side is OK.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

I would say that the first order of the day is to whip the cover off and
see if water has got to anywhere it shouldn't have.

Manual here.
http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinec...wer_shower.pdf

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2016 21:50, David Lang wrote:
I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

Replaced the RCD and now it works a treat, I had a feeling in my water
it was the RCD, don't know why. Sometimes it pay's to trust ones water :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
On 08/03/2016 21:50, David Lang wrote:
I have a Mira Vigour power shower - it draws H & C from the tanks, it
doesn't have a heater, just a pump. It's 3 years old.

It's connected via an RCD plug as per instructions.

Switched it on tonight, it ran for maybe 10 seconds & stopped. I
pressed the reset on the RCD plug and it came on for maybe 5 seconds.
After that the RCD wouldn't reset at all.

Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it
"more likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the
RCD plug is faulty?

Replaced the RCD and now it works a treat, I had a feeling in my
water it was the RCD, don't know why. Sometimes it pay's to trust ones
water :-)

You are missed on the cycling group.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 21:50:33 UTC, David Lang wrote:
Obviously a bit of diagnostics is required, but to save time is it "more
likely" that (a) there is a fault with the shower or (b) the RCD plug is
faulty?

RCD plugs are often not the best. I've had one fail on me. (I used it for an electric blanket.)

Replace the socket with an RCD socket or FCU.

Owain