Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobile phone batteries

In having a clearout of a miniscule proportion of the accumulated junk
here, I've found a mobile phone of unknown Chinese origin, badged Swees
X538.

On looking at why the back had popped off, I found the battery had
expanded and looked about to burst. I've put it on an old workmate in
the garden.

Swees appears to be a Chinese/English importer of clothing and phones
based somewhere in Kent.
There are no markings on the battery except the generic Chinese numbers
that seem to apply to all batteries of its generation.

Is there anywhere that stocks loads of batteries where I might be able
to match it for size?

The phone seemed to work fine with the battery in and a charger plugged
in, but not on battery. Would it be too much of a chance to try it on
just the charger with no battery? Has anyone ever tried using the wrong
battery with padding round it to make it fit a bigger hole in a phone?
The contact spacings seem similar on most of these, and we have a
daughter who often suddenly needs a new phone and leaves her broken one
here c/w battery.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
[...]

Your best bet is probably just to wander into any high street phone repair
shop and see if they have something that fits. It's probably going to be a
standard size/voltage as used by a better know manufacturer.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 19:11:14 -0000 (UTC), Tim+
wrote:

Bill wrote:
[...]

Good idea ... I have to do the same on a couple of VOIP / GSM mobiles.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 7:03:31 PM UTC, Bill wrote:
[...]

Ebay is your friend. If it's an Android Smartphone that is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2280mAh-Ba...-/231115410831

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
therustyone writes
Ebay is your friend. If it's an Android Smartphone that is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2280mAh-Ba...ore-Android-4-
1-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone-/231115410831

Well, yes. But it's out of stock and the phone I have is, I believe,
Quad core and running Android 4.2. The battery in it was labelled as
2000mAh

It does look the right shape, though.

I did visit a couple of phone shops locally, but they both said to look
on ebay.

It is labelled as GB/T 18287-2013, but that seems to be some sort of
general Chinese trading specification.
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
In message ,
therustyone writes
Ebay is your friend. If it's an Android Smartphone that is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2280mAh-Ba...ore-Android-4-
1-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone-/231115410831

Well, yes. But it's out of stock and the phone I have is, I believe,
Quad core and running Android 4.2. The battery in it was labelled as
2000mAh

It does look the right shape, though.

I did visit a couple of phone shops locally, but they both said to look
on ebay.

It is labelled as GB/T 18287-2013, but that seems to be some sort of
general Chinese trading specification.

2280mAh is a pretty odd number. Searching for that on ebay finds batteries
for LG, such as:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-new-ori...-/291365474885
I wonder if something like that would fit. Worth checking the polarity
carefully as the LG picture appears to be opposite from the Sweex picture.

It's a bare lithium cell, so chances are good that it'll work if you can
find one that fits with the right polarity.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought a replacement battery on ebay for my samsung S5 but it was rubbish, worse than the one I wanted to replace. I got one for about £20 from Maplins, made by Duracell. Samsung dont sell them, they want you to buy a new phone every year!
[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2016 16:19, DICEGEORGE wrote:
I bought a replacement battery on ebay for my samsung S5 but it was
rubbish, worse than the one I wanted to replace. I got one for about
£20 from Maplins, made by Duracell. Samsung dont sell them, they want
you to buy a new phone every year! [g]

When batteries are described as "original" it means they've been pulled
out of an old phone. Go for something "brand new". Bilitong is a good
brand IME