Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Mobile phone batteries!..

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

And Nope I don't want to go smartphone, well not for another few or more
years yet..

Cheers..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

tony sayer scribbled...

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

And Nope I don't want to go smartphone, well not for another few or more
years yet..

Cheers..

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/original-batteries/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jabba wrote:
tony sayer scribbled...

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

Bar the manufacturer, nope. The world is drowning in various grades of
Chinese made batteries and getting a good one is more luck than judgement.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/05/2014 09:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yeah, I'm waiting for the keyboard operated smart phone I think.
Brian

Try Bilitong Gold on EBay. Retail packaging, brand new. I've used them
on 2 old Samsung mobiles and they are at least as good as the originals.
I suspect the "Samsung original" description means taken from an old
Samsung phone :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2014 09:06, Scott M wrote:
Jabba wrote:
tony sayer scribbled...

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

Bar the manufacturer, nope. The world is drowning in various grades of
Chinese made batteries and getting a good one is more luck than judgement.

FWIW I have generally bought replacement batteries for both phones and
cameras on price rather than provenance (difficult to spot a fake
anyway), taking due account of numbers sold and feedback.

Perhaps I have been lucky, but I have never had a problem.