DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mobile phone batteries!.. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/370471-mobile-phone-batteries.html)

tony sayer May 3rd 14 12:12 AM

Mobile phone batteries!..

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

And Nope I don't want to go smartphone, well not for another few or more
years yet;)..

Cheers..
--
Tony Sayer

Jabba May 3rd 14 01:19 AM

Mobile phone batteries!..

tony sayer scribbled...

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/original-batteries/

Scott M May 3rd 14 09:06 AM

Mobile phone batteries!..

Jabba wrote:
tony sayer scribbled...

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

Bar the manufacturer, nope. The world is drowning in various grades of
Chinese made batteries and getting a good one is more luck than judgement.

--
Scott

Stuart Noble May 3rd 14 09:56 AM

Mobile phone batteries!..

On 03/05/2014 09:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yeah, I'm waiting for the keyboard operated smart phone I think.
Brian

Try Bilitong Gold on EBay. Retail packaging, brand new. I've used them
on 2 old Samsung mobiles and they are at least as good as the originals.
I suspect the "Samsung original" description means taken from an old
Samsung phone :-)

newshound May 3rd 14 11:04 AM

Mobile phone batteries!..

On 03/05/2014 09:06, Scott M wrote:
Jabba wrote:
tony sayer scribbled...

You'd think this would be quite simple!. Need a new battery for my
trusty olde Nokia 6303 mobile after all its been on its original since I
bought it in 2009;!..

However seems that most on Amazon and e-bay vary in price but there are
a lot of adverse comments as to the overall quality of them.

So anyone know of a recommend supplier that sells the gen article?.

Bar the manufacturer, nope. The world is drowning in various grades of
Chinese made batteries and getting a good one is more luck than judgement.

FWIW I have generally bought replacement batteries for both phones and
cameras on price rather than provenance (difficult to spot a fake
anyway), taking due account of numbers sold and feedback.

Perhaps I have been lucky, but I have never had a problem.