Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well I've never seen that before....

Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Not a totally bad idea - but would need to be weatherproofed. Better than
in the kitchen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:10:12 -0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Not a totally bad idea - but would need to be weatherproofed. Better than
in the kitchen.

I dunno if it lived there permanently. If it didn't, it seems a lot of hassle to cart it out to use it. Maybe they just bought it 2nd hand and were testing it?

--
Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:10:54 -0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.

There's so much water in the UK, you wouldn't need a washing machine in there :-)

--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:18:45 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article 2,
DerbyBorn wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Not a totally bad idea - but would need to be weatherproofed. Better than
in the kitchen.

So - he's venting the damp exhaust air ... into the kitchen? Novel.

Oh I see what you mean. No I think that black pipe behind it is a drain (not sure where from, it seems to be coming from under the stairs, judging by the windows going up diagonally). Presumably the exhaust air goes outside with no hose.

--
A "Frisbeterian" believes that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it back down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/16 16:10, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.

Well yes and no. My sisters previous designer built German house did.
Which was FINE, until the sewage pump the council had installed, failed,
and everyone's basement ended up 3 foot deep in sewage.

Saniflo is one thing, but when you have a German Municipal saniflo, boy,
its a bit more serious.

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:44:15 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 10/02/16 16:10, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.

Well yes and no. My sisters previous designer built German house did.
Which was FINE, until the sewage pump the council had installed, failed,
and everyone's basement ended up 3 foot deep in sewage.

Saniflo is one thing, but when you have a German Municipal saniflo, boy,
its a bit more serious.

They installed ONE pump without a backup? Such things should be like servers. Redundancy! Or an alarm or something!

Someone half a mile from me lives at the bottom of a hill. She doesn't have a basement, but she dies have her sewage pumped up to the main road. It's a privately owned pump, the council have nothing to do with it. It does jam up every so often (twice a year I think), and the local handyman goes and clears it and/or replaces bearings (not a job I'd like to do). But AFAIK, the sewage collects in a tank, so presumably there is some way of telling that it's filled up and needs sorting, before it overflows everywhere. I've never heard of a mess needing to be cleared up.

--
If the world were a logical place, then men would ride sidesaddle -- Rita May Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 16:10, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.

Well yes and no. My sisters previous designer built German house did.
Which was FINE, until the sewage pump the council had installed,
failed, and everyone's basement ended up 3 foot deep in sewage.

Saniflo is one thing, but when you have a German Municipal saniflo,
boy, its a bit more serious.

Yes, seen the same problem in a US basement. Took weeks to refurbish.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:52:37 -0000, Capitol wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 16:10, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Pity we don't have basements in the UK for boiler, washer, etc.

Well yes and no. My sisters previous designer built German house did.
Which was FINE, until the sewage pump the council had installed,
failed, and everyone's basement ended up 3 foot deep in sewage.

Saniflo is one thing, but when you have a German Municipal saniflo,
boy, its a bit more serious.

Yes, seen the same problem in a US basement. Took weeks to refurbish.

Surely one way valves and alarms and redundant pumps could avoid such a thing. Very poor design.

--
The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

I do that myself with the dishwasher except that the area outside
that its in has a 6' deep eave. Its done that way because I got the
dishwasher at a garage sale and wanted to be sure it was working
properly before I installed it in the kitchen. It's not a trivial exercise
to move into the kitchen instead of the current one which likely
just has a scaled up inlet water solenoid and the massive great
vertical freezer half blocks the big patio door at that end of the
kitchen, so its none trivial to get it into the kitchen because there
is no way to slide the freezer back so it doesn't half block the door.

Currently running on a garden hose to the water tap in the garden.

Works fine, so it will likely be a while before it ends up in the kitchen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the
answer you don't want.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the answer
you don't want.

You previously claimed that there would be no referendum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Looks ok to me I used to use a washing machine in a similar situation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Use a tent perhaps?
Brian

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...
"Mr Macaw" wrote in news
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Not a totally bad idea - but would need to be weatherproofed. Better than
in the kitchen.

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:23:36 -0000, F Murtz wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Looks ok to me I used to use a washing machine in a similar situation.

What did you do when it rained?

--
You need only two tools in life. WD-40 and duck tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Looks ok to me I used to use a washing machine in a similar situation.

What did you do when it rained?

I just chuck a plastic tarp over mine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Looks ok to me I used to use a washing machine in a similar situation.

What did you do when it rained?

I just chuck a plastic tarp over mine.

You'd have to be very short of space to do that. Doesn't the water inside it freeze in winter and damage the appliance?

--
We cannot see the future.
We cannot change the past.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:49:56 -0000, Blanco wrote:

news

Mr Macaw wrote:
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0x8cn08kc....jpg?dl=0&s=sl

Looks ok to me I used to use a washing machine in a similar situation.

What did you do when it rained?

I just chuck a plastic tarp over mine.

You'd have to be very short of space to do that.

I'm not short of space, its just quite a bit of work to
put it where the previous one is that no longer works
and I just haven't gotten a round tuit yet.

Doesn't the water inside it freeze in winter

Nope.

and damage the appliance?

Nope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1459068 20160211 084624 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the
answer you don't want.

The phrasing is already settled.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:51:37 -0000, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1459068 20160211 084624 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the
answer you don't want.

The phrasing is already settled.

How difficult can it be to ask if someone wants to stay in something or not?

--
Computers can never replace human stupidity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 29 February 2016 21:00:53 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:51:37 -0000, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1459068 20160211 084624 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the
answer you don't want.

The phrasing is already settled.

How difficult can it be to ask if someone wants to stay in something or not?

As difficult as asking tehm if tehy want to leave something or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 04 Mar 2016 13:51:59 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 29 February 2016 21:00:53 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 08:51:37 -0000, Bob Martin wrote:

in 1459068 20160211 084624 The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/16 17:44, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:50:12 +0000, Jonno wrote:

Just goes to prove that being in Europe will get you in deep ****.

Exactly. Sounds like one more compelling reason to vote "No" to me.

I think the referendum will be phrased so that No will give you the
answer you don't want.

The phrasing is already settled.

How difficult can it be to ask if someone wants to stay in something or not?

As difficult as asking tehm if tehy want to leave something or not.

What an informative answer.

--
Why do men die before their wives? They want to.