Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit The Movie

On 03/02/16 09:58, Hilo Black wrote:

Of course sanity just prevailed in Scotland, but is leaving the EU,
the saner choice?

IMO the voters will decide that it isn't. Not for any well thought
out reason, just because they dont see any urgent need to leave.

Well those that see their towns being flooded with immigrants, most
certainly do.

What other member state has set a date for a referendum on staying or
leaving?

The issue that I would never have thought would be that important, is
now the key one in many peoples minds, due largely to the utter
incompetence of the EU bureaucracy.

Yet France's far-right National Front failed to win a single region in
the second round of polls last December, despite what 'immigrants' did
over there. Like Farage did here and Donald Trump recently did in
America, threw their toys out the pram, cried foul and blamed everyone
else for their failing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dex" wrote in message ...
[...]

Adolf did too. At least he had the decency to top himself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/16 10:05, Hilo Black wrote:

"Dex" wrote in message ...
[...]

Well Rod, when are you going to?

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dex" wrote in message ...
[...]

Won't need to. I couldnt careless what the voters decide
to do and personally think that the way Norway has chosen
to do its relations with the EU is a much better approach
than what Britain chose to do, mainly because they get
to do what they like policy wise and dont have unelected
bureaucrats deciding anything at all policy wise.

So I wont be crying foul, blaming anyone, or doing any
dummy spit or throwing anything out of any pram or
lying about what I would do if the vote didnt go the
way I wanted it to go and pretend that I had to be
dragged kicking and screaming against my will into
doing the opposite of what I said I would do either.

The most I will do is have confirmed what I have known
for well over half a century now, that the absolute vast
bulk of the voters vote on the most superficial basis
if they even bother to vote at all and that its hardly
surprising that you get some pretty silly results.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2016 19:33, Hilo Black wrote:

Norway has chosen
to do its relations with the EU is a much better approach
than what Britain chose to do, mainly because they get
to do what they like policy wise and dont have unelected
bureaucrats deciding anything at all policy wise.

The main problem that I see with EU policy that it is usually drafted in
such a way that most of the members countries can ignore it, or just pay
lip service to it, whereas in the the UK politicians and civil servants
gold plate and add their own addenda items making it much more onerous.

So I wont be crying foul, blaming anyone, or doing any
dummy spit or throwing anything out of any pram or
lying about what I would do if the vote didnt go the
way I wanted it to go and pretend that I had to be
dragged kicking and screaming against my will into
doing the opposite of what I said I would do either.

The most I will do is have confirmed what I have known
for well over half a century now, that the absolute vast
bulk of the voters vote on the most superficial basis
if they even bother to vote at all and that its hardly
surprising that you get some pretty silly results.

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 06/02/2016 19:33, Hilo Black wrote:

Norway has chosen
to do its relations with the EU is a much better approach
than what Britain chose to do, mainly because they get
to do what they like policy wise and dont have unelected
bureaucrats deciding anything at all policy wise.

The main problem that I see with EU policy that it is usually drafted in
such a way that most of the members countries can ignore it, or just pay
lip service to it, whereas in the the UK politicians and civil servants
gold plate and add their own addenda items making it much more onerous.

Sure, but it makes a lot more sense to do things the way
Norway does it and decide what to do policy wise than to
let some unelected bureaucrat have any say what so ever on
anything at all. That's not what a real democracy is about.

And Norway has had their votes decide a number of times
that they prefer to keep doing it that way instead of joining
the EU.

So I wont be crying foul, blaming anyone, or doing any
dummy spit or throwing anything out of any pram or
lying about what I would do if the vote didnt go the
way I wanted it to go and pretend that I had to be
dragged kicking and screaming against my will into
doing the opposite of what I said I would do either.

The most I will do is have confirmed what I have known
for well over half a century now, that the absolute vast
bulk of the voters vote on the most superficial basis
if they even bother to vote at all and that its hardly
surprising that you get some pretty silly results.

+1

They do sometimes get it right tho like they did
when they gave Churchill the bums rush at the
ballot box very unceremoniously indeed just after
the war had ended. And when they gave Blair
and the Brown one the bums rush when
they had so obviously ****ed up so badly.

Brexit The Movie harry UK diy 2 February 6th 16 01:14 AM
Brexit The Movie harry UK diy 3 February 5th 16 08:53 AM
Brexit [email protected] UK diy 76 September 28th 15 10:41 AM
Brexit [email protected] Woodworking 5 September 26th 15 02:34 PM
OT. EU and Brexit harryagain[_2_] UK diy 5 April 12th 14 04:51 PM