Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Brexit The Movie

On 06/02/2016 19:33, Hilo Black wrote:

Norway has chosen
to do its relations with the EU is a much better approach
than what Britain chose to do, mainly because they get
to do what they like policy wise and dont have unelected
bureaucrats deciding anything at all policy wise.

The main problem that I see with EU policy that it is usually drafted in
such a way that most of the members countries can ignore it, or just pay
lip service to it, whereas in the the UK politicians and civil servants
gold plate and add their own addenda items making it much more onerous.

So I wont be crying foul, blaming anyone, or doing any
dummy spit or throwing anything out of any pram or
lying about what I would do if the vote didnt go the
way I wanted it to go and pretend that I had to be
dragged kicking and screaming against my will into
doing the opposite of what I said I would do either.

The most I will do is have confirmed what I have known
for well over half a century now, that the absolute vast
bulk of the voters vote on the most superficial basis
if they even bother to vote at all and that its hardly
surprising that you get some pretty silly results.

+1