Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Using no nails

Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/2016 23:44, ss wrote:
Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.

Yes, entirely suitable. Use a premium one like Sticks Like or Stixall,
perfect for the job.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:
On 08/01/2016 23:44, ss wrote:
Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.

Yes, entirely suitable. Use a premium one like Sticks Like or Stixall,
perfect for the job.

.... and what happens when you need to remove it to fix a leak?

Use screws and leave them reasonably visible.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/01/16 23:44, ss wrote:
Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.

Those adhesives are great, but the adhesive is only as strong as what
it's stuck to. What I mean is you can stick some wood to the paintwork
with a good glue, but the paintwork might come off plaster, or the
plaster might come off the bricks, whereas a screw will anchor it back
into the masonry. But yes, ideal application for nonails.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 09/01/2016 13:23, TimW wrote:
On 08/01/16 23:44, ss wrote:
Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.

Those adhesives are great, but the adhesive is only as strong as what
it's stuck to. What I mean is you can stick some wood to the paintwork
with a good glue, but the paintwork might come off plaster, or the
plaster might come off the bricks, whereas a screw will anchor it back
into the masonry. But yes, ideal application for nonails.

The intention is just the frame with `no nails`the plywood boxed part
will be screws or possibly magnets to hold in position as I will be
tiling the ply.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss Wrote in message:
On 09/01/2016 13:23, TimW wrote:
On 08/01/16 23:44, ss wrote:
Would I get away with using `no nails` type product to fix frame for
boxing in the waste pipe on toilet instead of screwing the frame to the
wall. I ask because it would be easier for me as the `boxing in` is
likely to be after everything else has been done and would save me
taking the toilet back out.

Those adhesives are great, but the adhesive is only as strong as what
it's stuck to. What I mean is you can stick some wood to the paintwork
with a good glue, but the paintwork might come off plaster, or the
plaster might come off the bricks, whereas a screw will anchor it back
into the masonry. But yes, ideal application for nonails.

The intention is just the frame with `no nails`the plywood boxed part
will be screws or possibly magnets to hold in position as I will be
tiling the ply.

I would probably screw most of it on and level the top loose for
access, arranged so that there is a lip to form a recess which
the top would fit it. I'd then seal the joints round the edge
with silicone. Neat and tidy and if you do need to remove it
(probably never) you can cut the silicone to remove it. I did
something similar when I had a toilet cistern under some tiled
counter top.

--
Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Why not nails? JC[_2_] Home Repair 21 May 24th 08 06:29 AM
Which nails to use Chris Styles UK diy 23 October 28th 06 09:28 PM
The nails Torge Home Repair 4 September 2nd 06 04:41 PM
2' Nails [email protected] UK diy 7 April 3rd 06 05:19 PM
no nails shushin UK diy 8 May 7th 05 07:30 PM