No-one

Default Rabies on Million Pound Property Experiment

Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))
chris French

In message , No-one
writes
Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

:-)

I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't
put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the
water co. one.

I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house
and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......
--
Chris French, Leeds
James Hart

chris French wrote:
In message , No-one
writes
Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

:-)

I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't
put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the
water co. one.

I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house
and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......

I'm glad they took a kicking on that one though, they ignored every single
piece of advise offerred then moaned at the estate agent for not telling
them what was wrong with the place. They kicked the offer of 385 in to touch
and then thought they'd done well after spending more money on it to sell at
335. What a pair of prize prats.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

geoff

In message , chris French
writes
In message , No-one
writes
Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

:-)

I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't
put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the
water co. one.

I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house
and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......

Aerial lead fell out of the video ...
I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth
watching?
--
geoff

The Natural Philosopher

James Hart wrote:

chris French wrote:

In message , No-one
writes

Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

:-)

I couldn't believe that they did all that work on the house and didn't
put a stopcock somewhere in the house, rather than just rely on the
water co. one.

I was impressed though, to spend all that money on doing up the house
and then not to be able to sell it takes some doing.......

I'm glad they took a kicking on that one though, they ignored every single
piece of advise offerred then moaned at the estate agent for not telling
them what was wrong with the place. They kicked the offer of 385 in to touch
and then thought they'd done well after spending more money on it to sell at
335. What a pair of prize prats.

I thought they were great 'designers' but clueless when it came to
actually understanding the practical needs of housedwellers. I see them
with a great future in the tate modern, the labour government, or Microsoft.

Mike Mitchell

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:55:17 +0000, No-one
wrote:

Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

God, how I loathe that programme! The two presenters are so arrogant
and excitable, like overgrown kids. The way they dance about when they
get an offer is laughable. The only bloke there with a bit of common
sense is Nigel, the builder. Last night, they bought that house for
£235K. If they'd spent just ten grand giving it a decent lick of paint
inside and out, tidied everything up and presented it as a family home
for the typical family in that area, they may well have got near to
what they eventually had to accept and they'd have made a vastly
better profit. But no, they had to spend around eighty grand! Eighty
grand for a makeover! What would Carol Smillie say about that amount
of money!

I mean, I have to say that they do have a flair for design and every
property so far has looked fantastic at the end. But the whole point
of the experiment is to make money for charity, not be a living
advertisement for their design talents.

I also noticed at the vey end, in the preview to next week's show,
that Nigel the builder will NOT be project managing the next project!
I wonder if this is because he's getting as fed up as I am about these
two.

MM
James Hart

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
James Hart wrote:

chris French wrote:

In message , No-one
writes

[...]

The final buyers were only described as 'a professional couple with no
children', totally different to the 'family with children' that they were
supposedly aiming at. I think they found the right buyer for their designs,
they just missed the (proper) design goals by a long way. All the mentioned
stuff like kid-safe cooker, wardrobes, warm feeling lounge etc.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/

mike ring

I also noticed at the vey end, in the preview to next week's show,
that Nigel the builder will NOT be project managing the next project!
I wonder if this is because he's getting as fed up as I am about these
two.

But it was nice to watch them panicking over a leak; I wonder how they
fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.

And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.

mike r
Woodspoiler

Eighty grand for a makeover! What would Carol Smillie say about
that amount
of money!

"Yes", even if you looked like Rumplestiltskin.

geoff

In message , Mark Lydall
writes
Aerial lead fell out of the video ...
I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth
watching?
--
geoff

O yes,,,

I don't suppose anyone taped it did they ?

I have just accidentally taped over it with tonight's panorama
--
geoff
Mike Mitchell

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:41:03 -0000, "James Hart"
wrote:

The final buyers were only described as 'a professional couple with no
children', totally different to the 'family with children' that they were
supposedly aiming at. I think they found the right buyer for their designs,
they just missed the (proper) design goals by a long way. All the mentioned
stuff like kid-safe cooker, wardrobes, warm feeling lounge etc.

But some of that was pointed out to them by Nigel, yet they didn't
want to listen! In the end, Nigel got up and left. I have a feeling he
was about to clock them one at that point, and if that could have shut
up the one guy, I don't know whether it was Colin or Justin, all to
the good. They are both rather too full of it, in my opinion. Four
weeks and nowhere near a million yet. Just a heck of lot of hard work
from Nigel and his builders and a heck of a lot of excitable bull****
from the two prima donnas.

MM
in2minds

Default Rabies on Million Pound Property Experiment BBC2W ????

does anyone know when it's on on BBC2W ?

I can only find it on normal BBC2 (EN, IR & SC) not Wales... bloody
typical /c;

Les

Reestit Mutton

in2minds wrote:
does anyone know when it's on on BBC2W ?

I can only find it on normal BBC2 (EN, IR & SC) not Wales... bloody
typical /c;

Les

You ain't missing anything...really, you're not...unless you're partial
to a bit of comedy, that is.

RM
--
unlocking Nokia and SonyEricsson phones in the Edinburgh area
email: reestit_mutton AT lauriem DOT plus DOT com

John Rumm

geoff wrote:

In message , Mark Lydall
writes

Aerial lead fell out of the video ...
I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth
watching?
--
geoff

O yes,,,

I don't suppose anyone taped it did they ?

I recorded it on my computer (well all except the first couple of
mins)... hence it is still sat in a large file. I might be able to
render it down to a video CD format if you want.

--
Cheers,

John.

chris French

In message , Mike Mitchell
writes
wrote:

Fine example of hydrophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

God, how I loathe that programme!

It's the first time I have watched a whole one - I was blobbing out on
the sofa and got sucked in....

The two presenters are so arrogant
and excitable, like overgrown kids.

I suspect that is one of the reasons they were chosen.

The only bloke there with a bit of common
sense is Nigel, the builder.

Ditto.

Last night, they bought that house for
£235K. If they'd spent just ten grand giving it a decent lick of paint
inside and out, tidied everything up and presented it as a family home
for the typical family in that area, they may well have got near to
what they eventually had to accept and they'd have made a vastly
better profit. But no, they had to spend around eighty grand! Eighty
grand for a makeover! What would Carol Smillie say about that amount
of money!

Or Sarah Beeny :-)

It is so transparently obvious that they chose the 'cast' because of
their antics, and because of the scope for plenty of conflict with Nigel
etc. I suspect it is good viewing because they make such a balls up of
it.
--
Chris French, Leeds
The Natural Philosopher

Mike Mitchell wrote:

The only bloke there with a bit of common
sense is Nigel, the builder.

Correction, the only bloke there is Nigel, the Builder, full stop :-)

Andrew Barnes

Default Rabies - what type of pushfit ...

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I remember not
to use one.

Andrew

Andy Farrall

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
. ..

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I remember

not
to use one.

Andrew

It looked like the new type of Speedfit (with the turn to lock bit !). Why
did it fail ? Was half watching with the sound off so I didnt hear.

Andy F

Mike Tomlinson

In article 0, mike
ring writes

But it was nice to watch them panicking over a leak; I wonder how they
fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.

Done on the cheap. Remember how they went for cheap B&Q kitchen units
to save money? The units may have looked good when new but would have
fallen apart in no time.

And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.

Amen.

--
A. Top posters.

BillR

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article 0, mike
ring writes

But it was nice to watch them panicking over a leak; I wonder how
they fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.

Done on the cheap. Remember how they went for cheap B&Q kitchen units
to save money? The units may have looked good when new but would have
fallen apart in no time.

And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.

Amen.

I've been using it for years without any problem.
Of course, I follow the instructions meticulously ....

BillR

Andy Farrall wrote:
"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
. ..

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I
remember not to use one.

Andrew

It looked like the new type of Speedfit (with the turn to lock bit
!). Why did it fail ?

Because it wasn't fitted properly ....

Mike Mitchell

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:19:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Mike Mitchell wrote:

The only bloke there with a bit of common
sense is Nigel, the builder.

Correction, the only bloke there is Nigel, the Builder, full stop :-)

Ah....bless!

MM
Duncan Lees

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Correction, the only bloke there is Nigel, the Builder, full stop :-)

But he's not a builder. He's a proper property developer, and makes a
living from it. This doesn't seem to be getting through to the two
useless idiots as they ignore his advice on yet another dumb "design
feature" of theirs!

-Duncan
Nicknoxx

Mike Mitchell wrote:
drophobia last night with the split joint :-)))

God, how I loathe that programme!

Don't watch it

Nick
(master of helpful advice)

Alex

It seems the designers only come as a pair.....

http://www.knightayton.co.uk/male_clients.html
Mike Mitchell

On 28 Nov 2003 05:04:32 -0800, (Alex) wrote:

It seems the designers only come as a pair.....

http://www.knightayton.co.uk/male_clients.html

Didn't you mean, a right pair...?

MM
chris French

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
In article 0, mike
ring writes

But it was nice to watch them panicking over a leak; I wonder how they
fitted the plumbing with no stopcock.

Done on the cheap.

Spending 80 Grand on doing up a house is not cheap.........

Oh lets save 20 quid and not put in a stopcock.......

Remember how they went for cheap B&Q kitchen units
to save money?

So what, they are doing up a house - what is the point in spending mega
bucks on the kitchen - one of themore sensible decisions i think.

The units may have looked good when new but would have
fallen apart in no time.

Probably as good as any of the flatpack kitchens.

And I've stopped wondering about using plastic pushfit plumbing.

Amen.

I've got it all around the house it's worked fine.
--
Chris French, Leeds
geoff

In message , John Rumm
writes
geoff wrote:

In message , Mark Lydall
writes

Aerial lead fell out of the video ...
I have a very fuzzy hardly viewable picture, is it really worth
watching?
-- geoff

O yes,,,

I don't suppose anyone taped it did they ?

I recorded it on my computer (well all except the first couple of
mins)... hence it is still sat in a large file. I might be able to
render it down to a video CD format if you want.

That would be very good of you, or you could put it up somewhere for me
to ftp
--
geoff
Martin Angove

In message ,
"in2minds" wrote:

does anyone know when it's on on BBC2W ?

I can only find it on normal BBC2 (EN, IR & SC) not Wales... bloody
typical /c;

We watched it on analogue BBC2 in Wales at the same time as everyone
else. Don't forget that digital BBC2W takes rather a lot more regional
programming than any other variant of BBC2 - is it 2000 to 2230 every
night or something? Chances are it's just been skipped.

I don't doubt there'll be repeats sometime though - look out for it on
BBC3 ;-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
Don't fight technology, live with it: http://www.livtech.co.uk/

John Rumm

geoff wrote:

That would be very good of you, or you could put it up somewhere for me
to ftp

I have rendered it down to a 550MB mpg file (was 6GB to start with!). So
I can either stick it on VCD and post it to you, or I can stick it
somewhere ready for download.

Tricky thing is I don't have any hosting accounts setup with that much
web/ftp space! So if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

If you want it posted then email me with an address.

--
Cheers,

John.

The Natural Philosopher

BillR wrote:

Andy Farrall wrote:

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message
m...

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I
remember not to use one.

Andrew

It looked like the new type of Speedfit (with the turn to lock bit
!). Why did it fail ?

Because it wasn't fitted properly ....

Because someone yanked it off to add some interest to a deadly dull episode?

The Natural Philosopher

Duncan Lees wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Correction, the only bloke there is Nigel, the Builder, full stop :-)

But he's not a builder. He's a proper property developer, and makes a
living from it. This doesn't seem to be getting through to the two
useless idiots as they ignore his advice on yet another dumb "design
feature" of theirs!

I think you missed the innuendo...

-Duncan

Witchy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:15:25 -0000, "Andy Farrall"
wrote:

"Andrew Barnes" wrote in message

Did anyone identify the make of pushfit which failed, just so I remember

not
to use one.

Andrew

It looked like the new type of Speedfit (with the turn to lock bit !). Why
did it fail ? Was half watching with the sound off so I didnt hear.

I didn't watch it 'cos I want to punch those 2 idiots into next week
[1] but I'll be v.amused if the failure was the exact same one I had
on a speedfit elbow joint!

[1] This, I suspect, would also make 'good telly'.

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Rick Dipper

My B&Q Units are outlasting my MFI ones ..........

Rick

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:45:23 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article 0, mike
ring writes