Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Textured paint

Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some
relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor
patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that
ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an
option at present.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

There used to be a paint that was full of pearlite granules that was used a
lot. My bathroom walls are done with it. Lethal if in bath and one rubbs
sensitive areas against it while undressed. No idea what it was called but
it came in loads of colours....

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Farmer Giles" wrote in message
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some relatively
minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor patching with
filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that ideally the ceiling
should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an option at present.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2015 17:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
There used to be a paint that was full of pearlite granules that was used a
lot. My bathroom walls are done with it. Lethal if in bath and one rubbs
sensitive areas against it while undressed. No idea what it was called but
it came in loads of colours....

Brian

Yes, I know that there's some dodgy stuff out there calling itself
'textured', that's why I was wondering if anyone here had used something
similar that they would recommend. I haven't used anything like it
myself for many years so I know very little about it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Farmer Giles wrote:
On 04/12/2015 17:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
There used to be a paint that was full of pearlite granules that was
used a
lot. My bathroom walls are done with it. Lethal if in bath and one rubbs
sensitive areas against it while undressed. No idea what it was called
but
it came in loads of colours....

Brian

Yes, I know that there's some dodgy stuff out there calling itself
'textured', that's why I was wondering if anyone here had used something
similar that they would recommend. I haven't used anything like it
myself for many years so I know very little about it.

Should only be used as a last resort as it makes future work on the
ceiling almost impossible.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 December 2015 13:35:20 UTC, Farmer Giles wrote:
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some
relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor
patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that
ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an
option at present.

Paper it first & then paint.
(Lining paper)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2015 07:56, harry wrote:
On Friday, 4 December 2015 13:35:20 UTC, Farmer Giles wrote:
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some
relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor
patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that
ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an
option at present.

Paper it first & then paint.
(Lining paper)

That was my advice, but he doesn't want to do that as access is
apparently difficult because of recently fitted units.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2015 03:48, F Murtz wrote:
Farmer Giles wrote:
On 04/12/2015 17:35, Brian-Gaff wrote:
There used to be a paint that was full of pearlite granules that was
used a
lot. My bathroom walls are done with it. Lethal if in bath and one rubbs
sensitive areas against it while undressed. No idea what it was called
but
it came in loads of colours....

Brian

Yes, I know that there's some dodgy stuff out there calling itself
'textured', that's why I was wondering if anyone here had used something
similar that they would recommend. I haven't used anything like it
myself for many years so I know very little about it.

Should only be used as a last resort as it makes future work on the
ceiling almost impossible.

I can relate to that, having had a sod of a job removing some that was
on the lounge celing of our house when we moved in.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 December 2015 13:35:20 UTC, Farmer Giles wrote:
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some
relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor
patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that
ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an
option at present.

Recommend? hardly. Filler or plaster.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 07:31:16 UTC, Farmer Giles wrote:
On 05/12/2015 19:07, nt wrote:
On Friday, 4 December 2015 13:35:20 UTC, Farmer Giles wrote:
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling?

A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some
relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty poor
patching with filler following a bit of electrical work. I know that
ideally the ceiling should be re-skimmed, but that really isn't an
option at present.

Recommend? hardly. Filler or plaster.

He is now going to get it skimmed.

a sigh of relief is in order!

NT

Textured Paint removal David DeBoer Home Repair 0 June 12th 06 02:39 PM
so, about this textured paint . . . peter p. Home Repair 0 January 28th 06 06:38 PM
!@#$ Textured Paint Brad Bruce Home Repair 7 January 23rd 06 03:23 AM
Textured paint? clevere Home Repair 5 September 5th 04 03:42 PM
UPDATE: Textured paint Iowacookiemom Home Ownership 1 March 15th 04 03:33 PM