Posted to alt.home.repair
peter p.

Default so, about this textured paint . . .

okay, I've put down a layer of textured paint in this one room
I'm painting.

my plan was to put down the texture, then put down a couple
layers of final tinted latex paint on top of it. the textured
paint itself is white.

well, this stuff dried a lot more brittle than I thought it
would. what I'm afraid of now is that when I put the colored
paint on top of it, someone at sometime will press on the wall,
and a piece or two will break off, showing white underneath.

obviously I can try to keep this from happening by rubbing off as
much of the loose parts of the texture before putting down the
color latex.

and I'm hoping that the strength of the latex final coat will
help protect the brittle textured paint somewhat.

anyone have any advice on how to proceed, or experiences to
relate?

thanks