Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheque bounced - signature rejected

whisky-dave wrote
Martin Brown wrote
Harry Bloomfield wrote

I wrote a cheque and my bank bounced the £4k cheque based on the
signature not matching the one they had on record for me. Seems an
odd thing to do, when they could have just rung me to check whether
the cheque had been written by me.

That is how they do it though. Use other means of payment instead.

I tried on-line banking last night but I can't pay a person more than £5k,

How often do you want to do that ?

On the odd occasion that I have need to do that, I just split the payment
into two.

Not necessarily that viable with business transactions
tho when the other end is automated etc.

so saturday morning i have to take my passport to the bank (santander).

We have to do that stuff when opening the account,
so don't need to do that to use online banking.