Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Most compact G9 LED

I'd like to replace some 25W halogen G9 bulbs with LED replacements but, as
ever, the physical dimensions differ from the originals insofar as the
positioning of the light source from the bulb base.

What wattage LED should I be looking for and can anyone recommend one that
is as near as short as its halogen equivalent?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 12:38:19 PM UTC, Tim wrote:
I'd like to replace some 25W halogen G9 bulbs with LED replacements but, as
ever, the physical dimensions differ from the originals insofar as the
positioning of the light source from the bulb base.

What wattage LED should I be looking for and can anyone recommend one that
is as near as short as its halogen equivalent?

Tim

I have a 3x G9 light fitting in the office. All the LEDs types (I've tried) are bigger than the halogen but whether or not this is a problem depends on the light fitting. Get ones that have the same light output as the halogens around 250lm, that'll probably be the 3W units - unless you want more light.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

I'd like to replace some 25W halogen G9 bulbs with LED replacements but, as
ever, the physical dimensions differ from the originals insofar as the
positioning of the light source from the bulb base.

What wattage LED should I be looking for and can anyone recommend one that
is as near as short as its halogen equivalent?

A lot depends on the exact fitting, but you could have a look at
some of these:

http://ledlam.co.uk/product-category/g9

They give reasonably full details, and you have 30 days to return
if unsuitable.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

I'd like to replace some 25W halogen G9 bulbs with LED replacements but, as
ever, the physical dimensions differ from the originals insofar as the
positioning of the light source from the bulb base.

What wattage LED should I be looking for and can anyone recommend one that
is as near as short as its halogen equivalent?

A lot depends on the exact fitting, but you could have a look at
some of these:

http://ledlam.co.uk/product-category/g9

They give reasonably full details, and you have 30 days to return
if unsuitable.

Chris

Thanks. That's helpful if not enormously encouraging. I'm sure that any of
them would do, but they will move the light source away from the geometric
centre of the light fittings.

Yes, I know I'm just being fussy. ;-). I think I'll try some of the lowest
wattage ones as we currently have an excess of light.

Tim