Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default draught proofing at skirting.

Sort of.

I am refurbishing shower room and have stripped the wall of
tiles/plaster board. At this stage before I redo the plasterboard at the
point where the stud partitions meet the floor there is a gap of a
couple of Cms which when I insert a long screwdriver goes all the way
under the floor, once I put on the plasterboard and re-tile the
floor/walls this gap will effectively be sealed, however I am wondering
if I should fill the gap just now with something like expanding foam.

Recommendations?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 16 November 2015 21:38:25 UTC, ss wrote:
Sort of.

I am refurbishing shower room and have stripped the wall of
tiles/plaster board. At this stage before I redo the plasterboard at the
point where the stud partitions meet the floor there is a gap of a
couple of Cms which when I insert a long screwdriver goes all the way
under the floor, once I put on the plasterboard and re-tile the
floor/walls this gap will effectively be sealed, however I am wondering
if I should fill the gap just now with something like expanding foam.

Recommendations?

So long as the gap is covered, it matters not.
It's normal to put studding on top of the floorboards. Must have been cowboys done the original install.
This reduces sound transmissions and restricts the paths for mice etc.

PVC Double-glazed windows draught proofing. Alaric UK diy 1 April 12th 14 11:35 PM
Draught excluder R D S[_2_] UK diy 2 December 1st 08 02:28 PM
Letterbox draught avocado UK diy 7 March 21st 08 04:06 PM
Draught down chimney Kroma UK diy 5 October 26th 07 11:57 AM
Draught Proofing Roly UK diy 4 May 23rd 07 06:34 PM