Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recycling / binning old motherboards

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Fredxxx wrote
I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs CPUs etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

Toss them in the bin. There is nothing special about the disposal of them.

**** off and die, stupid Australian ****.
All Australians are stupid.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...g/arbvFRAzMq0J

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 21:54:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 20:01:19 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 19:27:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:58:11 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 18:39:49 +0100, Fredxxx
wrote:

On 05/10/2015 17:10, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 15:40:47 +0100, Fredxxx
wrote:

I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs
CPUs
etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

Your council's roadside blue box (or wherever you put things
like
toasters, etc).

This is England, we don't have blue boxes.

What do you do with for example a dead laptop or iron or personal
stereo?

Same as I do with dead desktops, lawn mowers, microwaves, toasters
etc.
Leave them by the front gate for the pikey scrap man.

That says a lot about your area.

I was waiting for that so very predictable stupid comment. I just
knew
that
you would take the bait.
This area is classed as a desirable area to live in, I did not know
this
when we moved here.

Why do they let you stay there with your Micra then?

Possibly because it has a hand brake that works and the car is a credit
its owner.

Slopy there is it?

Wot?

Slope - ee. Tilted. Hilly, requiring use of a handbrake to park.

And a Micra is never a credit, even brand new. Especially for someone
as
tall as you. https://youtu.be/xWct_KYGRQo

I fit in very easily. If I did not we would not have bought one.

No you don't. You have told me you are well over 6 foot.

Mrs Pounder Esq is into buying a Nissan Juke, whatever that is.
You see Mr Hucker, I don't give a **** about cars.

Prefer bicycles?

Yer see Peter, people here scrap appliances when they start to play
up
or
look scruffy. We do not go looking for washing machines on freecycle
etc -
like you do.

More fool you.

It is called having money in the bank due to working for a living.
You will never have this experience.

Why work more then throw things away?

It's called a standard of living.
You will never have this experience.

It's called wasting time and energy on pointless things and having less
leisure time.

I suppose that the scrap men are pikey, I'm not really too sure about
that.
But they go to areas where there is money to be made. Do you
understand
that?

For some reason the pikey scrapmen around here stay in the pikey areas
(where they no doubt get free washing machines from benefits). I had
phone one to come out here and get my freezer.

Be careful where you park your ...... er ........ "car". They will
quite
correctly identify it as scrap and take it away.

Too much paperwork.

Is that all that is stopping them?

They'd also get jailed for car theft.

FFS!

If they don't, the police will.

I know all the police.

Nar, they know you.
Just how shameful is that?

I'm proud of it. I can break 5 laws simultaneously.

You are heading for one big fall.

Give Steph Wood my regards.

Done.

You really do plumb the depths.

What?

Knowing her is plumbing the depths.

She seems a very nice person to me. I am talking to her on facebook.

Sexybitch and I go back for a very long time.
She is not a nice person Mr Hucker, be careful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 21:58:26 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 20:51:38 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 20:07:59 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 19:00:55 +0100, Bod

wrote:

I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs
CPUs
etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

Your council's roadside blue box (or wherever you put things
like
toasters, etc).

This is England, we don't have blue boxes.

What do you do with for example a dead laptop or iron or personal
stereo?

Responsible people take electrical items to the local tip. They
have
special bin for that stuff.

Responsible councils collect from your door, like they do with
paper,
plastic, garden refuse etc.

If I have a LOT of stuff that isn't collected like that, eg scrap
wood,
I'll take it to the skip. Otherwise it goes in the landfill bin.

In the past month I have disposed of four glass paneled interior
doors
as
we
now have new ones.
I always hated them.
Cut them up with a jigsaw and put the wood into the gardening bin.
The glass went into the tin/glass/can bin.
Collection for these bins is every two weeks.
The old doors would have flattered your house.
HA!

They don't like wood in the gardening bin here, it doesn't rot well
with
twigs and grass.

No problems here.

Depends what they do with it. They used to like cardboard in with our
garden waste, now they want it in with the paper. Maybe yours gets
attacked by a tree shredder type thing so anything goes.

Could someone else not have used those doors?

I did put them on freecycle and freegle but got no replies.
I gave it over a week before I cut them up.

You surprise me, trying to give something away to someone you'd refer to
as pikey. Windows and doors often go on freecycle here, and always get
taken. I just got an as new piece of double glazing! A big one.

I was trying to avoid making the mess of cutting them up, I'm still
finding
bits of shattered toughened glass.

Why didn't you just take the whole thing to the skip and let them decide
what to do with it? Oh yes, Micras are small.

They would not have fitted into your unroadworthy rot box. Micras are
surprisingly quite wide.
There is no way I would put doors into that car anyway. Only a pikey would
suggest such a thing.

--
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Traffic laws are easy to evade.

Give Steph Wood my regards.

Done.

You really do plumb the depths.

What?

Knowing her is plumbing the depths.

She seems a very nice person to me. I am talking to her on facebook.

Sexybitch and I go back for a very long time.
She is not a nice person Mr Hucker, be careful.

What is it that leads you to believe she is not nice?

--
The dandelion swayed in the gentle breeze like an oscillating electric fan set on medium.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If your car cannot carry a door or other large object, it is a useless device. I put a window into my car that's wider than a door. I've also carried a washing machine.

--
Don't waste money on binoculars, stand closer to the object.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/2015 15:40, Fredxxx wrote:
I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs CPUs etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

Local tip probably has a small electrics / electronics section.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 October 2015 19:39:50 UTC+2, Fredxxx wrote:
On 05/10/2015 17:10, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 15:40:47 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs CPUs etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

Your council's roadside blue box (or wherever you put things like
toasters, etc).

This is England, we don't have blue boxes.

Whether or not we have blue boxes, and what we put in them, is different
for every district council in England. Cambridge certainly has blue
boxes, but they are for paper, tins, plastic bottles etc - not toasters
or motherboards. (Most houses in Cambridge actually have blue wheelie
bins, but there is an option to have a blue box if a bin is too
inconvenient - eg because you live in Victorian terrace without direct
access to the garden.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/2015 15:40, Fredxxx wrote:
I have a couple of dozen of these with all the important ICs CPUs etc
removed.

They are junk to all intents and purposes.

What is the best way of getting rid of them?

almost all cct boards are recycled to recover precious metals ...
normally council recycle centre will take them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Steph wants to know if your prostate exam is due.

--
Don't waste money on binoculars, stand closer to the object.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pardon? Are you saying I have a massive fanny Pounder?

--
Steph