Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Smoke and CO detetors for landlords

I must admit I have not done any research into the new law that starts
tomorrow regarding the subject .

I have been far too busy fitting smoke and CO detectors for landlords.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
I must admit I have not done any research into the new law that starts
tomorrow ....

Confirmation you've been working too hard? The "new law" started
*today* - 1 October

...regarding the subject I have been far too busy fitting smoke and CO
detectors for landlords.

Key points a

- smoke alarm on every floor (no need to be linked or hardwired)
- carbon monoxide alarm in any room with a fireplace or solid fuel
stove (ditto)

- check they are working at the start of a new tenancy (NB not every
year)

There's a DCLG booklet with FAQs if you need to hit landlords over the
head with something:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-for-landlords
And if you are paid per item fitted note especially "as gas appliances
can emit carbon monoxide, we would expect and encourage reputable
landlords to ensure that working carbon monoxide alarms are installed in
rooms with these. "

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/15 21:02, Robin wrote:
ARW wrote:
[...]

IIRC Aico do a nice range of 10 year LiIon radio interlinked for those
times when mains interlinking or indeed mains anything is impractical.

And yes I know, interlinking is not required - but nice to have.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/10/2015 21:10, Tim Watts wrote:
On 01/10/15 21:02, Robin wrote:
ARW wrote:
[...]

Hi Adam

Yes I'm a fan of AICO, although they're certainly not cheap.
Fitted a heat detector of theirs in our infamous kitchen!
They are advertising a landlord's guide at
http://www.aico.co.uk/landlords.html - scroll down a bit.

Not sure if the submission page just gives download access or what.

Phil