Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Christmas lights

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:05:19 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

L4F have a decent reputation

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/outd...-icicle-lights
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike put finger to keyboard:

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably
extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of
Google hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic
ones.

Mike

CPC always do tons of lights, as do TLC.

Both trade suppliers, so although it's still bound to be Chinese, it
probably won't kill you.

http://www.easyflip.co.uk/CPC_2015/
https://tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/...hts/index.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 15:05:19 UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

Only 100 days till christmas.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:05:19 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably
extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of
Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

L4F have a decent reputation

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/outd...-icicle-lights

£29.99 per 100 LED 2 meter run plus £5.00 for the power lead. That's a wee
bit more than I was expecting to pay. I need about 20m

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:05:19 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

L4F have a decent reputation

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/outd...-icicle-lights

I just buy the cheapest LEDs from Amazon. Seems to work OK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 September 2015 15:05:19 UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

Only 100 days till christmas.

Lidl are starting to sell Xmas food this week.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 4:45:33 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:05:19 PM UTC+1, Muddymike wrote:
I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably
extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of
Google
hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic ones.

Mike

L4F have a decent reputation

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/c/q/outd...-icicle-lights

£29.99 per 100 LED 2 meter run plus £5.00 for the power lead. That's a wee
bit more than I was expecting to pay. I need about 20m

Mike

http://www.xmasdirect.co.uk/christma...-icicle-lights

Marginally cheaper, rubber cable and resin sealed LEDs help add to cost.

CPC have had some dire Christmas lights in the past but they do a few ranges.

PVC cable and just clear heatshrink , might last a season, seen them described as such wholesale, seasonal LEDs, quite literally meaning intended to last for one Diwali/Christmas/Hanukkah, it`s a way of using up seriously out of spec LEDs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike put finger to keyboard:

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably
extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of
Google hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive domestic
ones.

Mike

CPC always do tons of lights, as do TLC.

Both trade suppliers, so although it's still bound to be Chinese, it
probably won't kill you.

http://www.easyflip.co.uk/CPC_2015/

https://tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/...hts/index.html

I cant find any on this site. Probably the worst search facility of any site
I have used.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike put finger to keyboard:

Muddymike put finger to keyboard:

I need some decent quality "Icicle" Christmas lights, preferably
extendable.
Any suggestions of a supplier? I'm fed up with pouring over 100s of
Google hits turning up more and more crappy Premier or Festive
domestic ones.

Mike

CPC always do tons of lights, as do TLC.

Both trade suppliers, so although it's still bound to be Chinese, it
probably won't kill you.

http://www.easyflip.co.uk/CPC_2015/

https://tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/...hts/index.html

I cant find any on this site. Probably the worst search facility of any
site I have used.

Mike

Yeah, they do electrics, not websites. Drilling down the categories
usually works better.