Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pop up when using Google

I have not used any strange web sites. However, since researching Warsaw in Poland, I have been bombarded with pop ups. First one Felicitations! tu es choisi au hazard pour gagne le iPhone. This gives you the option of cancelling which I did. I then had another with no options saying the same it has an address of http://give-away-day.com-us-r.net.

i have deleted my google account in order to clear it twice, as it will not allow me and actions on the iPad. My husband checked Google to see if there were issues with this pop up, his iPad has become infected with the same pop up and so has my iPhone.

I have researched and found that someone was infected with this pop up on Safari and was advised to to clear his history which cleared it, but I cannot do anything other than delete the app and re install.

Would be ever so grateful for any help.

Thanks very much.

Jeanne
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well I suppose they want a diy fix for the problems. I'd have thought by now
pop up blockers and ad blockers would be available for Apple devices,
surely?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo ,
escribió:

Would be ever so grateful for any help.

What exactly does your question have to do with DIY in the UK?

Thanks very much.

You're welcome.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on a pc I use malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/2015 12:05, DICEGEORGE wrote:
on a pc I use malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

And of course this post must be a spoof, because everyone knows only PCs
get malware...

Jeanne,

prenez-le a une magasin Apple.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 31/08/2015 12:05, DICEGEORGE wrote:
on a pc I use malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

And of course this post must be a spoof, because everyone knows only PCs get malware...

Tongue in cheek or kidding?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2015 22:09, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 31/08/2015 12:05, DICEGEORGE wrote:
on a pc I use malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

And of course this post must be a spoof, because everyone knows only PCs get malware...

Tongue in cheek or kidding?

Tongue in cheek of course. But this has been stated seriously several
times in this group.

Andy

Google+ Bill[_47_] Woodworking 9 May 20th 14 01:26 AM
OT Google Weatherlawyer UK diy 10 July 31st 07 11:44 AM
All Kids One from Google's Gmail Plus there Google Groups [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 22nd 07 05:28 PM
Google Group posts - tell Google about it? Chris Bacon UK diy 9 May 25th 06 03:34 PM