Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default small fence and gate project

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

How does it know they are all home?

My mother used to tell tales about waiting for the last one during
wartime double summer time when it was still light at 12 pm.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

How does it know they are all home?

They go to bed when it's still a bit light, and the door doesn't come
down til it's proper dark.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 13:47:52 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

Bill

Heh.
If one makes an outside nest, it will may well outside.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

Bill

Heh.
If one makes an outside nest, it will may well outside.

They just don't. Never ever.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

so you have never as yet seen a Fox out looking for a quick meal in
daylight?
http://tinypic.com/r/qo7v3n/8

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message ...
Bill Wright wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

so you have never as yet seen a Fox out looking for a quick meal in
daylight?
http://tinypic.com/r/qo7v3n/8

Why is he giving you the death stare for exposing his activity on the net ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0
The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.

Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

so you have never as yet seen a Fox out looking for a quick meal in
daylight?
http://tinypic.com/r/qo7v3n/8

We have dogs roaming about all the time.
Why do you and some others adopt such a supercilious tone?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
Mark wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0
The trouble with Chickens is they can fly. Not much on sustained
horizontal but they are quite good at short vertical to reach perches.
Not when clipped.

Mr. Fox also has excellent jumping capabilities:-(

The hens go into their bunker at dusk and an automatic door comes down.

so you have never as yet seen a Fox out looking for a quick meal in
daylight?
http://tinypic.com/r/qo7v3n/8

We have dogs roaming about all the time.
Why do you and some others adopt such a supercilious tone?

Sorry Bill. Nothing intended.

Fox/chickens is a big issue here. Urban fringe and they come and go as
they please.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 03:49:34 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Pullets will fly over that.
Older hens probably not.
Fox jump that easy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 03:49:34 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Pullets will fly over that.
Older hens probably not.

They don't fly over it.

Fox jump that easy.

It wasn't meant to stop foxes.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

That won't stop the migrants no way...... Ooops sorry wrong group!

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2015 03:49, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Nice job Bill.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 25/08/2015 03:49, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Nice job Bill.

At last a sensible reply — a comment on the DIY rather than sniping at
the chicken keeping or whatever.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
John Rumm wrote:
On 25/08/2015 03:49, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Nice job Bill.

At last a sensible reply €” a comment on the DIY rather than sniping
at the chicken keeping or whatever.

I looked at the photos and admired the work, and was going to comment on
the gate in photo 5, which looks lop sided. However, looking at the 7th
photo, I see it is the land that slopes, and the gate is doubtless true.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

News wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
John Rumm wrote:
On 25/08/2015 03:49, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Nice job Bill.

At last a sensible reply €” a comment on the DIY rather than sniping at
the chicken keeping or whatever.

I looked at the photos and admired the work, and was going to comment on
the gate in photo 5, which looks lop sided. However, looking at the 7th
photo, I see it is the land that slopes, and the gate is doubtless true.

Yes it looks a bit strange doesn't it? I need to put some flags under
the gate to provide a level surface. One of the hens is a bit of a
bugger for tunnelling her way out.

Anyway, my dad said, "You'll have to plane one of the double gates soon"
as he was right. After all the downpours the post has bent a bit so the
gate needs a few mil taking off it, or maybe I'll bash the hinge to see
if there's any leeway for 'adjustment'.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 02:30:07 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 25/08/2015 03:49, Bill Wright wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Nice job Bill.

At last a sensible reply -- a comment on the DIY rather than sniping at
the chicken keeping or whatever.

Bill

Ah, you thrive on flattery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Have you invited the BBC round for the grand opening?

Yes but they weren't interested because they couldn't see an angle that
would have suited their warmist leftist metropolitan liberal
latte-drinking Guardian-reading immigrant-encouraging Tory-bashing agenda.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2015 18:56, Bill Wright wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Have you invited the BBC round for the grand opening?

Yes but they weren't interested because they couldn't see an angle that
would have suited their warmist leftist metropolitan liberal
latte-drinking Guardian-reading immigrant-encouraging Tory-bashing agenda.

Tell em the chickens have infiltrated the labour party, so as to vote
for corbyn ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Yes but they weren't interested because they couldn't see an angle that
would have suited their warmist leftist metropolitan liberal
latte-drinking Guardian-reading immigrant-encouraging Tory-bashing
agenda.

Tell em the chickens have infiltrated the labour party, so as to vote
for corbyn ;-)

They'd never swallow it. Chickens are too intelligent to vote for Corbyn.

And it is clear from their behaviour that they are not even slightly
communistic.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled

Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Have you invited the BBC round for the grand opening?

Yes but they weren't interested because they couldn't see an angle that
would have suited their warmist leftist metropolitan liberal
latte-drinking Guardian-reading immigrant-encouraging Tory-bashing agenda.

Bill

I can understand having looked at your garden.
Not very green is it.

I try to avoid anything that could be misconstrued as environmentalist.
It would make sense for me to have a wind turbine but I couldn't stand
the shame.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 02:25:33 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled

Jonno wrote:
Bill Wright scribbled

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kdutf84e9...FXjo3k-9a?dl=0

Bill

Have you invited the BBC round for the grand opening?
Yes but they weren't interested because they couldn't see an angle that
would have suited their warmist leftist metropolitan liberal
latte-drinking Guardian-reading immigrant-encouraging Tory-bashing agenda.

Bill

I can understand having looked at your garden.
Not very green is it.

I try to avoid anything that could be misconstrued as environmentalist.
It would make sense for me to have a wind turbine but I couldn't stand
the shame.

The brain dead are easily influenced by others.
They are not capable of logical action.
As you have just demonstrated.

Fence Gate Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 10 September 18th 14 10:24 AM
Fence Gate Stoutman Woodworking 9 May 14th 07 07:02 PM
OT? Size of fence gate? Peter Bogiatzidis Woodworking 2 September 5th 06 04:13 PM
Lattice fence and gate [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 8th 06 03:13 AM
Fence/Gate repair C. Massey Home Repair 2 November 29th 05 04:46 AM