Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - A sad day ...

"harry" wrote in message
On Saturday, 8 August 2015 11:53:22 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 00:13:39 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

Don't call me **** fer brains you arrogant opinionated arsehole. And
as
ever, you are wrong, as one of the official dictionary definitions of
the word hero, is

"the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc." Quoted
synonyms are "lead" and "star"

All of which, I think, qualifies George Cole in his role as Arthur
Daley
in Minder.

Umm, no. It qualifies Arthur Daley - for he was the character, not
George
Cole.

Well, I'm not going to argue semantics. I knew what I meant. You knew
what I
meant. Everyone knew what I meant. Except of course Harry, who has no
understanding of using a word in a colloquial way. All I sought to do was
acknowledge the death (and life) of someone who I thought was a great
comic
actor in general, was exceptional in the part of Arthur Daley, and was
the
inspiration for the 'net nic that I have used for twenty years or more

Having said that, Arthur was much more of an anti-hero.

I'm not so sure about that. Arthur believed that he was a fine upstanding
member of the community, and it was this dichotomy that was responsible
for
much of the (often very subtle) comic content of the part Cole was
playing.

Arfa

He was a grest comic and paid well for it.
End of story.
Many true heroes ended up dead or maimed.
Unrecognised.
Comparing Daley with true heroes is despicable.

Comparing you with a rational human being, is stupid ...

As ever you were first out of the gate wading in with an unwarranted
personal attack on me. You completely failed to understand the nature of the
post, and when it finally did dawn on you that you were being a ****, you
start squawking away with your straw man arguments. Go look up the word
colloquial, and then see how it refers to my use of the word "hero" ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Saturday, 8 August 2015 00:13:43 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 August 2015 22:10:50 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Thursday, 6 August 2015 15:42:40 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real'
Arthur
Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

Even sadder the last bouncing bomb pilot has died.
A real hero, nor some bloody actor.

Always Harry, isn't it ? Just keep your dumb-arsed thoughts to
yourself
for
once ... :-(

Arfa

Celebrities are not heroes ****-fer-brains.
Heroes put their lives at risk to defend others.
Only the brain dead would use the term "football hero".
Only the brain dead would think any actor was a "hero".
Even the words they speak are not their own for they are brain dead too
bye and large.

Don't call me **** fer brains you arrogant opinionated arsehole. And as
ever, you are wrong, as one of the official dictionary definitions of the
word hero, is

"the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc." Quoted
synonyms
are "lead" and "star"

All of which, I think, qualifies George Cole in his role as Arthur Daley
in
Minder.

And since you are talking brain dead, only the brain dead would live in
ridiculous eco-bollox mud hut like yours ...

Drivel.
An actor might play the part of a hero.

Oh you stupid, stupid little man. And you have the audacity to call me
"****-fer-brains" ?

Do you know what a dictionary is ? Do you understand how it properly defines
words that you only think you know the meaning of ? No, of course you don't,
as you ably display with just about every post that you make ...

Can't think of a single actor who actually is a hero.

I don't remember Daley even playing the part of a hero.

Something here about heros seeing as you are so brain dead.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero

And to you, who actually *is* brain dead, and clearly unable to read or take
on board any point of view but his own, try scrolling down your wiki
reference to the section called "See also" ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 August 2015 01:49:47 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:

[...]

Words get hijacked by the brain dead.
Hero is one of them.
There are no sports/acting heroes.
It's all about money.

Gay is another.
This one is about making acceptable something that is repellent.

Only the brain dead are taken in by these propaganda ploys.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 8 August 2015 11:02:53 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
harry wrote:
On Thursday, 6 August 2015 15:42:40 UTC+1, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

Even sadder the last bouncing bomb pilot has died.
A real hero, nor some bloody actor.

Interesting to see your preference is for someone whose job was to kill
thousands over one who brought pleasure to millions.

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

There would be no pleasure for any of us if he and others like him had not been heroes.
Actors are nobodies, seekers after fame, adulation and fortune.
Mostly pretty repellent, greedy and narcissic.

The brain dead fall in love with their screen image forgetting the personality behind it.

Falling in love with a chimera!
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chimera (Definition #3)

Some people are easily mislead.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Words get hijacked by the brain dead.

No, you dumb ****, language evolves ...

Hero is one of them.
There are no sports/acting heroes.
It's all about money.

Gay is another.
This one is about making acceptable something that is repellent.

Only the brain dead are taken in by these propaganda ploys.

Talk to your screen, you pathetic fool. I'm no longer listening

Plonk ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
[...]

BWAAAHAAAHAAAA. Narcissic ? Well, that says it all, and confirms
everything that we all already knew about what a dumb-arse you are ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry wrote:
Words get hijacked by the brain dead.
Hero is one of them.
There are no sports/acting heroes.
It's all about money.

Gay is another.
This one is about making acceptable something that is repellent.

Nice to know it is repellant. I take it you speak from experience?

--
*If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry writes:

[snip]

Words get hijacked by the brain dead.
Hero is one of them.
There are no sports/acting heroes.
It's all about money.

About billions of it. A type of showbiz, in fact.

Gay is another.
This one is about making acceptable something that is repellent.

I certainly thought it was repellent when as a young teenager I slowly
realised the man behind me in the audience was repeatedly rubbing
himself against me; that it wasn't accidental! (I ran a mile.)
But perhaps it was repellent mainly because that was what I was being
taught.
After all, the ancient Greeks had a very successful civilisation with
none of our hangups about such things.

Only the brain dead are taken in by these propaganda ploys.

I'm usually brain-dead for some time then, before I realise what's up.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ S c o t s h o m e . c o m