Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Network bodge question

Years ago, when I built my workshop at the bottom of the garden 20m from
the house, I put an unscreened 25 way multicore cable (16/0.2mm) for
future expansion.
Now I would like to extend the computer network down there and there is
no way to get an ethernet cable down the same duct.

I have a number of space cores in the multiway but they are not twisted
pairs. Do I have any chance of getting a few mb/s bandwidth down that
cable? This would be for file transfer, emails and light browsing
The other occupants of the cable carry either DC or phone line or are
floating.

I'm currently using homeplug units but the performance varies from OK to
unusable from day to day, hour to hour.
Too far for standard wifi.

TIA

Bob

Is this a bodge ? fred[_8_] UK diy 4 May 1st 14 08:28 PM
Network & TV cable question Pandora UK diy 3 July 22nd 05 03:03 AM
Another bodge Peter Johnson UK diy 4 April 18th 05 10:54 PM
Another Cable Network Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 23 May 17th 04 02:20 PM
OT - computer network question... AL A. Metalworking 6 March 3rd 04 01:12 AM