Peter Johnson

Default Another bodge

Went into the roof above the en suite yesterday, looking for lighting
circuit cables, and realised that the extractor that vents into the
roof space is covered by insulation! The same for the bathroom one as
well. 1988-vintage property built by Bloors.
Peter Andrews

"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
Went into the roof above the en suite yesterday, looking for lighting
circuit cables, and realised that the extractor that vents into the
roof space is covered by insulation! The same for the bathroom one as
well. 1988-vintage property built by Bloors.

Nearly as good as one I fixed last week. One toilet extract blowing into
the next toilet, and only one fan installed - nothing to the outside at all.
All done by a 'professional' building company. Customer had believed for 14
years that he had two extractors:-)

John Rumm

Peter Andrews wrote:

Nearly as good as one I fixed last week. One toilet extract blowing into
the next toilet, and only one fan installed - nothing to the outside at all.
All done by a 'professional' building company. Customer had believed for 14
years that he had two extractors:-)

Did I mention the one where I found an extractor blowing into a cavity
wall (i.e. only through the inner leaf).

--
Cheers,

John.

Mike

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Peter Andrews wrote:

Nearly as good as one I fixed last week. One toilet extract blowing

into
the next toilet, and only one fan installed - nothing to the outside at

all.
All done by a 'professional' building company. Customer had believed

for 14
years that he had two extractors:-)

Did I mention the one where I found an extractor blowing into a cavity
wall (i.e. only through the inner leaf).

I think this shows that most fans are installed to keep the BCO happy, not
to actually be used :-)

quisquiliae

Peter Andrews wrote:

Nearly as good as one I fixed last week. One toilet extract blowing into
the next toilet, and only one fan installed - nothing to the outside at all.
All done by a 'professional' building company. Customer had believed for 14
years that he had two extractors

I have an extrctor in my kitchen, and another in the enclosed bathroom
next door.

They do connect to the outside, but via the some (long) duct, so most
of the cooking smells go to the bathroom.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"