Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bluetooth Headphones

http://www.plantronics.com/us/produc...uId=sku7140043

These appeal to me but the non-replaceable lithium battery throws me off. I had to replace a pair of Sony ones when the battery went dead after about 15 months.
So what is the life expectancy of lithium batteries ? Googling brings up a lot of 'ifs' and 'ands' and 'buts'

I just don't want to spend that sort of money on something which will become an expensive paper weight within a short period of time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote

http://www.plantronics.com/us/produc...uId=sku7140043

These appeal to me but the non-replaceable lithium battery throws me off.

You'll be lucky to find any that don't have that.

I had to replace a pair of Sony ones when the battery went dead after
about 15 months. So what is the life expectancy of lithium batteries ?

Those in my Nokia BH-505 are still doing fine, getting on for 10 years since
I got them.

Googling brings up a lot of 'ifs' and 'ands' and 'buts'

I just don't want to spend that sort of money on something which
will become an expensive paper weight within a short period of time.

The warranty should cover that. Can't see what warranty those have tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 02:07:24 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/produc...uId=sku7140043

These appeal to me but the non-replaceable lithium battery throws me off. I had to replace a pair of Sony ones when the battery went dead after about 15 months.
So what is the life expectancy of lithium batteries ? Googling brings up a lot of 'ifs' and 'ands' and 'buts'

I just don't want to spend that sort of money on something which will become an expensive paper weight within a short period of time.

You might find that "non replaceable" actually means "non replaceable
without a little skill and perhaps a soldering iron"

Those slotted screws on the side look promising for a start.

No user serviceable parts in this post.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%