Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bluetooth fantasy

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to
happen.

What about you?

Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology, and not "a" thing. I use a
Blue Ant bluetooth speakerphone in my truck, and it sounds great, loud and
clear at both ends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

I use an Xlink Bluetooth cellular gateway at home at all times. Since
the cell phone is always in the location for optimal signal strength and
is within inches of the Xlink, the voice on ALL linked "regular" phones
is crystal clear.

As RBM said, Bluetooth is a SHORT range wireless technology.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2010 4:00 PM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:21:32 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to
happen.

What about you?

Jawbone bluetooth...Google it.

Exactly, it simply involves buying quality instead of something in the
$9.95 or less aisle. I have a Jawbone and a I can't remember BT
speakerphone in the car and both sound great.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

I sometimes use a (quality LG) bluetooth earbud with my cell phone and
the sound quality is perfect. My F350 has the Ford/M$ Sync setup and
it's bluetooth phone control and speakerphone are also perfect quality.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 1, 5:19*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

I sometimes use a (quality LG) bluetooth earbud with my cell phone and
the sound quality is perfect. My F350 has the Ford/M$ Sync setup and
it's bluetooth phone control and speakerphone are also perfect quality.

Never had a problem with bluetooth but it does seem that when I call
someone using it they like to use the speakerphone. This can be a real
pain on my non speakerphone end as they tend to pick up all kinds of
backround noise.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2010 5:39 PM, JIMMIE wrote:
On Jul 1, 5:19 pm, "Pete wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

I sometimes use a (quality LG) bluetooth earbud with my cell phone and
the sound quality is perfect. My F350 has the Ford/M$ Sync setup and
it's bluetooth phone control and speakerphone are also perfect quality.

Never had a problem with bluetooth but it does seem that when I call
someone using it they like to use the speakerphone. This can be a real
pain on my non speakerphone end as they tend to pick up all kinds of
backround noise.

Jimmie

A good speakerphone will have good noise canceling abilities. I use my
speakerphone a lot (two neighboring states have a handsfree requirement
and it is more convenient anyway) and it takes a while before the person
to whom you are speaking even realizes you are in motion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 1, 5:19 pm, "Pete wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

[...]

What brand and model do you use?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jul 1, 3:21*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to happen.

What about you?

What color are the wires and what kind of conduit are you using?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:12:47 -0400, George
wrote:

On 7/1/2010 4:00 PM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:21:32 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to
happen.

What about you?

Jawbone bluetooth...Google it.

Exactly, it simply involves buying quality instead of something in the
$9.95 or less aisle. I have a Jawbone and a I can't remember BT
speakerphone in the car and both sound great.

Of course it's not within joespare's power to make everyone he talks
to buy a quality phone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/1/2010 4:00 PM, Chief Two Eagles wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:21:32 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth
thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to
happen.

What about you?

Jawbone bluetooth...Google it.

Exactly, it simply involves buying quality instead of something in the
$9.95 or less aisle. I have a Jawbone and a I can't remember BT
speakerphone in the car and both sound great.

Of course it's not within joespare's power to make everyone he talks
to buy a quality phone.

Nature will take its course and eliminate SOME of the cheapskates, as they
dial 911 and the operator can't make out anything they say. They'll die.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
This is my fantasy: I'm talking to someone who's using a Bluetooth thing
with their cell phone. I can actually understand them. It has yet to
happen.

What about you?

What color are the wires and what kind of conduit are you using?

I don't use a Bluetooth device. This is about people I talk to who use them,
most of whom are unintelligible.