Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT ******** - I dialed a wrong nunber today and the bloke that anwered the phone took my order

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and take
the order.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and take
the order.

What's his discount on downlighters like? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
ARW wrote:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and
take
the order.

What's his discount on downlighters like? :-)

Dunno - I ordered a 100W LED floodlight with a photocell:-(

Anyway he is well and says hi to everyone. And I got the usual invite to
call in at his when I am passing - the trouble with that is that we always
get ****ed up.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 20 July 2015 18:46:27 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and take
the order.

It would have been more fun if you'd meant to phone Luv Hunny and Geoff had posted here to tell us what you'd ordered.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:46:12 +0100, ARW wrote:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and
take the order.

In the words of Nelson Muntz, "Haa, haa!" :-)

--
Johnny B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Jul 2015, "ARW" grunted:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and
take the order.

Heh. My home number is very close to that of a wholesale meat supplier,
and I am plagued by calls (well, occasional calls) from various restaurants
etc wanting to place orders for deliveries. They invariably come in at
stupid o'clock, and I've been sorely tempted to do a 'bloody Geoff' on
occasions.

Never have though. In fact, some muppet once actually left me a really
urgent order on my answering machine, which by the sounds of it would have
been calamatious had I ignored it, so in the absence of a number to call
back I phoned the supplier to let them know. Too soft by half, me.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 07:46:04 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

On 20 Jul 2015, "ARW" grunted:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and
take the order.

Heh. My home number is very close to that of a wholesale meat supplier,
and I am plagued by calls (well, occasional calls) from various restaurants
etc wanting to place orders for deliveries. They invariably come in at
stupid o'clock, and I've been sorely tempted to do a 'bloody Geoff' on
occasions.

My parents old number was one digit away from the local GP which could
lead to some interesting calls, people often launched straight into
reporting ailments before they could be told they had the wrong number
and as this was a small village practise most of the callers were
known of even if not known personally.
Depending if it was my siblings and me or Mum or Dad who answered the
replies varied from" Take an Aspirin , Whisky may help with that ,
I bet I know who you caught that off,
Don't worry dear, I've had three , is this your first just have a cup
of tea while you have time.
Trouble with the last being calls from nervous first time mothers to
be in labour they tended to be about 3 am so it was with some relief
that after a while the doctors number was changed.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Lobster" wrote in message
. 222...
On 20 Jul 2015, "ARW" grunted:

I called CET instead of CEF and bloody Geoff decided to play along and
take the order.

Heh. My home number is very close to that of a wholesale meat supplier,
and I am plagued by calls (well, occasional calls) from various
restaurants
etc wanting to place orders for deliveries. They invariably come in at
stupid o'clock, and I've been sorely tempted to do a 'bloody Geoff' on
occasions.

Never have though. In fact, some muppet once actually left me a really
urgent order on my answering machine, which by the sounds of it would have
been calamatious had I ignored it, so in the absence of a number to call
back I phoned the supplier to let them know.

Too soft by half, me.

I disagree. That is what makes you a decent human being.

Sure you take the **** when someone ****s up - but you never let someone
fall and hurt themself if you can catch them.

--
Adam