Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default patio door problem

Hello,

I am having a problem with my patio doors sticking when opening or
closing.

I have found that the problem is the metal strip screwed to the side
of the door is loose at the top. It's something like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-unive...ock-35mm/90215

There are two self tapping screws there but they are loose. Somehow
the holes have become too big for the screws. What can I do to secure
the top of the strip?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I wonder why they have become too big, That implies some large amount of
force being applied to them, which presumably are just screwed directly into
the plastic or aluminium the door is made from. I'd suggest that this needs
to be corrected before one attempts to fit bolts washers and nuts here, or
it will just go loose again.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

I am having a problem with my patio doors sticking when opening or
closing.

I have found that the problem is the metal strip screwed to the side
of the door is loose at the top. It's something like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/yale-unive...ock-35mm/90215

There are two self tapping screws there but they are loose. Somehow
the holes have become too big for the screws. What can I do to secure
the top of the strip?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:

I am having a problem with my patio doors sticking when opening or
closing.

There are two self tapping screws there but they are loose. Somehow
the holes have become too big for the screws.

You can get uPVC repair screws that have deeper threads (possibly at a
different pitch?) but I'd find what has been causing strain on them, or
the repair won't last long - hopefully it wasn't prospective burglars
trying to lever to door off ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/06/2015 17:14, Andy Burns wrote:
Stephen wrote:

I am having a problem with my patio doors sticking when opening or
closing.

There are two self tapping screws there but they are loose. Somehow
the holes have become too big for the screws.

You can get uPVC repair screws that have deeper threads (possibly at a
different pitch?) but I'd find what has been causing strain on them, or
the repair won't last long - hopefully it wasn't prospective burglars
trying to lever to door off ...

Small plastic plugs or tape on the screws?

Andersen patio door problem [email protected] Home Repair 6 February 2nd 09 06:49 PM
Anderson patio door problem [email protected] Home Ownership 0 February 1st 09 07:15 PM
Patio Ideas - Stepping Out With Stone Patio Designs And Brick Patio Patterns trav Home Repair 1 September 24th 07 03:15 PM
Patio Door Bill85367 Home Repair 5 January 5th 07 10:31 PM
Widening a patio door -- current door is an odd size [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 28th 06 05:24 PM